£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Options

Comments

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thank you TOPM and Drawingaline

I keep playing around with my budget and have now emptied all the categories for April. When DH gets paid tomorrow I will budget what we have there and when I get paid in 2 weeks I will then budget for that also.
    I've worked out how to add any money we have coming in but put it as not clear yet. I so want it to work and will keep at it.
    I have an EF but have put this as a savings account and not for budgeting. This needs to stay where it is for just in case purposes.
    good luck with building your EF too.
    thanks again
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Feeling a bit less stressed after a (somewhat) relaxing day - did the bare minimum of work (3hrs, while DC3 was at preschool/napped) and did an hour or two knitting in the quiet moments.

I also spent a happy hour setting up my new bullet journal - not particularly hoping it will wildly improve my organisation skills (I'm pretty good at that) but I want to move my planning/task management away from a phone/computer screen and back onto paper as I spend way too much time in front of screens, and I love the tactile-ness of using pen and paper, so I'm giving this a try.

To do today:
    1. social media while working. Done!
    2. plan out Easter hols so that we don't have another over-budget month, and I get enough work done. Partly done, not complete yet.
    3. tidy house a bit - the rooms that aren’t on ‘public display’ look like they’ve been hit with a bomb. Sort of done. A bit.
    4. NSD. Done!
    5. bake bread. Done!
    6. Find banking keycard thing so I can actually log on to DH’s account to move money around on the 1st. Done!

To do this week:
    1. List old nursing chair on eb@y too, unless my mum wants it back (we 'borrowed' it 9 years ago, she had said before we can sell it when we no longer need it, but I will double check).
    2. Make candles. Annoyed that this keeps falling off my priority list - I need my essential oil hit!
    3. Finish my socks and knit my dad's birthday socks - again, I really really need to do this. My dad is visiting over his birthday weekend so I need to have them ready to give.
    4. Plan April's budget in YNAB.
    5. On 1st April do all the money transferring from business account and into savings, setting up our accounts for the month.[/QUOTE]
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Motivated I get my next month's bill money around the 7th. So on the 7th April i will get money for Mays bills (plus of four weekly payments) and i will use the laptop to go forward into Mays budget to allocate against that month's bills. I then cannot see them on my app as you can just access the current month, but it also helps me stop thinking and worrying about it and also to stop spending it! This works for me.

Glad you had a more relaxing day TOP.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Loads of progress today (yesterday!) - well done! Were you knitting socks?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Loads of progress today (yesterday!) - well done! Were you knitting socks?
    Yes, trying to get the pair for me finished so I can knit a pair for my dad for his birthday.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Week 7: Day 6

Morning! Happy to report that my handbag finished on £150 last night. Annoyingly, that will just disappear straight into March's shortfall (and there's still some shortfall left!), but at least it means I don't need to find that bit from April's money.

I am unreasonably excited about getting to the end of today and setting up my budgets for April. Ready for another clean slate and some debt payments! And for sending out my invoices so I can increase my business account buffer again after removing April's salary.

To do today:
    1. Finish planning out Easter hols so that we don't have another over-budget month, and I get enough work done.
    3. Post eBay sale.
    4. NSD.
    5. Feed sourdough.
    6. Set up April's budget in YNAB.
    7. Freeze leftovers in fridge.
    8. Make houmous from the chickpeas I cooked yesterday.
    9. Make soup for clients tomorrow.
    10. Bake biscuits for clients tomorrow.

To do this week:
    1. List old nursing chair on eb@y too, unless my mum wants it back (we 'borrowed' it 9 years ago, she had said before we can sell it when we no longer need it, but I will double check).
    2. Make candles. Annoyed that this keeps falling off my priority list - I need my essential oil hit!
    3. Finish my socks and knit my dad's birthday socks - again, I really really need to do this. My dad is visiting over his birthday weekend so I need to have them ready to give.
    4. Plan April's budget in YNAB.
    5. On 1st April do all the money transferring from business account and into savings, setting up our accounts for the month.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on eBay sale , you have spurred me on to find some things to put on there.

Look forward to seeing your updated signature tomorrow.

I enjoy your diary , so keep posting .
  • ada-or-ardor
    Options
    Oh congratulations on the bag, that is fantastic news and a huge amount of money that previously you would have just borrowed from Future TOPM. Well done :-)

So glad to hear about your all clear too, it's such a horrible feeling waiting and thinking it all over, but I'm glad it all worked out positively!
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Oh congratulations on the bag, that is fantastic news and a huge amount of money that previously you would have just borrowed from Future TOPM. Well done :-)

So glad to hear about your all clear too, it's such a horrible feeling waiting and thinking it all over, but I'm glad it all worked out positively!
    Thanks, and yes, Future TOPM is getting to keep more of her cash!
    Well done on eBay sale , you have spurred me on to find some things to put on there.

Look forward to seeing your updated signature tomorrow.

I enjoy your diary , so keep posting .
    Thank you! And I'm really looking forward to seeing that number shift a bit.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Actually, Cumbria Lass has just made me think about my aims for April.

Objective 1 (very easy): get to 2% paid off. This will happen through minimum payments anyway.

Objective 2 (trickier): get the debt into the £65k bracket rather than £66k bracket. This is going to mean finding/making an extra couple of hundred quid on top of minimum repayments. I'm determined to do it, somehow! Probably a bit of ebaying (I only have a couple of things left which will get anything, but every little helps) and renewed vigour on the MS so I can scrape some off the top of various budget envelopes. March was a tricky month and we haven't been great, I think this will get us firmly back on the wagon.

Objective 3 (requires organisation): talk to DH each week about our budgets and debt levels, as originally agreed at LBM. I think he went off track more than I did this month, but he is more removed from the budgeting process, and we've let our weekly catch ups slip entirely, as they felt a bit pointless when we were regularly overspending (one could argue they were actually more important then, not less).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback