£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I've done it! I've scheduled the listing for tonight! It will probably get about £8 now....

:T:T:T:T Yeah! It felt like watching that giraffe waiting to give birth that keeps appearing on facb00k :rotfl: Its finally happened :D
  • Lumanous
    Lumanous Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've done it! I've scheduled the listing for tonight! It will probably get about £8 now....

woo, well done:T
    :A
    No, my username is not a typo :tongue:
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Yee ha! Let's hope someone really wants that bag!!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Pom Pom wavers; you will be pleased to hear the bag is up to £11.50 after only 8 hours. So at least I'm getting another tenner in, whatever happens. ;)

I achieved loads yesterday, but fell into bed at 9pm exhausted. I think I have the beginning of an ear infection, which is very dull. I always get ill when i have been manically busy for a couple of weeks or more - my body just goes 'no. Stop now' and gets ill to make me slow down.

I currently have three clients booked but not paid for (and two of them won't pay until April due to the way the work is planned with them), but if they all come off I will be financially pretty happy - I will be able to top up the various long term saving pots (Christmas, car servicing) that got diminished during this month in aid of Birthday Month (three close family children's birthdays as well our two DC).

To do today:
    1. Eat healthily and walk 10,000 steps. Did 5,000 steps and ate homemade pizza for dinner. So not exactly done. :rotfl:
    2. Social media for work. Done.
    3. Finish decluttering the children's room. Done.
    4. Plan DC3's treasure hunt. Done.
    5.Wrap pass the parcel parcels for both parties. Done.
    6. List the handbag on eb@y!!! Done!!!!!!
    7. Make pizza bases and sauce (some for dinner tonight, some for Saturday). Done.

To do this week:
    1. List old unloved handbag on eb@y - this didn't get done last week, annoyingly. Done! Did I mentioned this is done?!
    2. List old nursing chair on eb@y too, unless my mum wants it back (we 'borrowed' it 9 years ago, she had said before we can sell it when we no longer need it, but I will double check).
    3. Make more candles - essential oils are here and I am running low again! (I spent a fortune on scented candles before starting to make them!)
    4. Finish sock knitting and cast on socks for my dad's birthday.
    5. Pay preschool bill. Done!

I have another crazy busy day today - cake baking and decorating x2, school disco, swimming lessons for two DC, various other things. Will be back after yoga with a proper list.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Fingers crossed you make a fortune on the bag! Well done on getting it listed. Please be kind eBay. X
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Week 5: Day 6

Wow, budgeting really takes the shine off payday, doesn't it? DH got paid yesterday and there was literally no excitement at all, as it's all already budgeted for down to the penny (well, not down to the penny - he got paid 26p more than usual this month. What on earth shall I do with these newfound riches?! :rotfl: ). In financial terms we're just counting down to the end of the month now so we can get the budgets in place for April.

Had to pay my accountant yesterday, which was depressing, but budgeted for. I really should think about doing my own accounts - I have the required skill set - but I find it so reassuring to know that an accountant has looked through all my book keeping and done everything correctly. Is that peace of mind worth paying £35 a month for though?

To do today:
    1. Eat healthily and walk 10,000 steps.
    2. Put away any precious toys (with the children's help) - parties always seem to result in broken lego models and lost playmobil pieces.
    3. town for extra sweets and chocolate - amazing how little it is when you start dividing it between party bags! Endeavour not to buy anything off-list.
    4. bake and decorate 2x birthday cakes :bdaycake: .
    5. bake various other things for tomorrow - sausage rolls, rice crispy cakes etc.
    6. try to minimise spends at school disco - juice, hot dog and cake for each child.
    7.collapse in a heap of cake induce exhaustion.

To do this week:
    1. List old unloved handbag on eb@y - this didn't get done last week, annoyingly. Done! Did I mentioned this is done?!
    2. List old nursing chair on eb@y too, unless my mum wants it back (we 'borrowed' it 9 years ago, she had said before we can sell it when we no longer need it, but I will double check).
    3. Make more candles - essential oils are here and I am running low again! (I spent a fortune on scented candles before starting to make them!)
    4. Finish sock knitting and cast on socks for my dad's birthday.
    5. Pay preschool bill. Done!
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Wow, that's a freaking enormous cake emoji.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    26p extra - wow, all of your Christmases have come at once! Spend wisely :)

Hope you manage to avoid the ear infection, I get a physical reaction to being too busy too and it's horrid because then I've got illness to contend with on top of everything else.

With party bags, for my son's birthday last year, i bought 10 books for £10 from The Book people (although only paid £8 thanks to 20% off and free delivery codes) , bought some cellophane cones then got a couple of boxes of sweets from the cash & carry for I think £12 and made up little bags. They worked out great and pretty low cost compared to what I know others pay to fill party bags. the kids were delighted with them and I didn't pay through the nose.

I'm not sure about the accountant costs - I'd pay it because I've no experience in that regard. Would it lessen the cost if you did the accounts and just got them checked over periodically? Rather than have the accountant actually DO the accounts?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi ToP.

I'm an accountant so have some views. £35/month won't be buying you much time but it depends what your accountant does. Are you a sole trader? Are you vat registered? How many transactions would you say you have a month (counting a booking as 1, buying biscuits for the client as 1, etc). Do you have accounting software like quicken, or just spreadsheets? Are you speedy on excel? Do you need accounts for anything other than hmrc purposes? E.g. For the bank?
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • I only pay the accountant to check my book keeping through and do my tax return. She also does the maths on my use of certain spaces in my house for the business, and a couple of other deductions. I'm sure I could do it all. I think I'll keep her on for next year, but see how this four-times-a-year reporting looks like shaping up for sole traders and make a decision next year. It would be a big extra chunk of money in, but also a working day lost checking everything through and submitting the return. Hmmm.

Kids' parties went really well today. Manic, but good. All the effort feels worthwhile when it goes well! DC3's actual birthday is tomorrow, then DC2 next week. All presents bought, so there shouldn't be any more expenses attached.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback