MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• jediquigley
    jediquigley Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Yep looking like a tramp here too! Have put my only comfortable mat jeans in the wash today as I can't remember when I last washed them. I have put joggers on which dh stained with bleach eeeekk. I only have 3 long sleeve tops that fit and a couple of thin jumpers. My first baby was born in August so I was looking lovely just wearing empire line maxi dresses at this stage grrrr.

Re induction I know there are some clear medical reasons for induction if baby or mother is unwell but be aware that 30-50% of inductions end in c section. I get frustrated when the medical profession start messing with nature, I remember them offering me a sweep at one day overdue which is ridiculous for a mother and baby who are healthy. France will even count you to 43 weeks rather than 42.
    if If you ask your hospital they may tell you their states on induction to csection cases.
    If you refuse induction (which you can) you can go in for daily monitoring of baby while you wait for labour to start naturally.

Angelmommy- so maybe your labour might not be as painful if baby is back to back and you could cope at home. Very difficult decision for you to make but you know your own body. Also if it's your second could be a lot quicker than your last birth. I am also hoping for a home water birth, lots to put in place yet though.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Angelmommy, sorry you're disappointed about your home, water birth but as Jedi says, if baby is in a better position this time maybe Gas & air will be all you need. Are you far from the hospital if you did need to be transferred for further pain relief?

Jedi- these are the things putting me off induction, the likelihood of an epidural & increased chance of c-section. I know at the end of the day they're just looking out for mum & baby but if they suggest induction to me tomorrow I'm really not sure what I'd say. I was totally taken by surprise with it on Wednesday but have had time to think now & if it's just raised bp in me, no symptoms of pre eclampsia, baby is fine then I don't see why it HAS to be started there & then. I had a bit of a show yesterday after my sweep on Wednesday so another may get things going naturally? Baby feels really low down now & I've been getting lots of tightenings & back ache so maybe the natural option isn't too far ahead anyway!

I'm still full up with this cold, gone to my chest a bit more now so I'm coughing like an old man, could really go with this going before going into labour! x
  • Bubblepops
    Bubblepops Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks missy. I have a MW appt on Monday, and can have a stretch and sweep if I want one. It's not my usual MW, and internal stuff really sets my anxiety off, so I'm gonna see what the cover MW is like first, if she's horrid I'll be waddling away as fast as I can, lol! However, if she's nice (and doesn't have hands like shovels) I may take her up-bubs has been over halfway engaged for 3 weeks, and tbh, it bloomin' hurts!!
    I hope you've got a lovely weekend planned before Monday?

Sorry you can't have a home birth angelmommy, I hope you're not too disappointed? What are you thinking of planning now?

Thanks for that info jedi, I knew numbers were high, but not that high? That's definitely something to bear in mind. How's your cold today? Hopefully you're taking good care of yourself?

krusty I had two scans a week apart-the first,she was every kind of wrong way, but the second she was perfect, and stayed that way, they're little monkeys, aren't they?

AFM-it's my due date today! :T:T:T (and a bit :eek: )
    Nothing doing really, except I now appear to have cold, and was woken up early with the need to throw up, so my day is starting spankingly! :rotfl:

Plans for today are a day of crafting, and a waddle to the chippie with the OH a dinner time, so nice and steady. Hope you all have a lovely day xx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooo bubblepops throwing up is sometimes a sign?! Happy d day anyway. I hope your little one doesn't keep you waiting long. My first was 12 days over. Height of summer too. Not good!

Hope your cold goes soon :) x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Princess_kate
    Options
    Happy D-Day bubble pops! Sorry about your cold, I'm suffering too & it's very annoying! Hope you feel better before anything starts.

AFM, I went into OAU for my bp check this morning, it was fine again, 148/85, did a 30 minute trace of the baby with was fine too, baby was squirming round lots & I was having some big kicks! The midwife did a sweep again, not sure it was a very successful one as I kept trying to wiggle up the bed it seemed, ha! Glad it was ok & I didn't have to stay, going to try & relax about it over the weekend now before going back in on monday.
  • Bubblepops
    Bubblepops Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no krustylouise that must have been torture :( that's what I thought too-soon as I came downstairs I was googling 'is sickness a sign of early labour?' :rotfl:

princesskate thank you. it's just a snuffle, sounds like you had a major league cold, hope yours is feeling a bit better now? Good news about your check up! Lots of rest now for you, Monday will be here before you know it! So exciting!

I've walked up to the shops with my OH-some definite grumbling pains, and some seriously painful back pains that stopped me in my tracks, so fingers crossed!

had some dinner, so gonna get a nanna nap in now I think, then a nice afternoon of crafting.
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Ooooh sounds promising bubbles, let us know! x
  • Trixsie1989
    Trixsie1989 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone :) hope,your all we'll.bubble pops any news? Anyone else got any news?
    First week of maternity leave is nearly over and so far I've managed to get about 80% of the house sorted out, 3 more blinds to go up this week and living room and kitchen to deep clean and organise and I think were about done except for normal cleaning and shopping :) I've even had the pushchair out to play with and given it a good clean plus washed all the covers etc as we had it second hand from our friends and it's been in storage but it looks brand new again so I'm happy :)
    Does anyone have the link to the fb group? Xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • Always_Alone
    Always_Alone Posts: 166 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2015 at 11:59PM
    Options
    Hi ladies :) haven't had a chance to read back but hope everyone's ok?

Just popping on very quickly to announce the arrival of our beautiful baby boy Jude who arrived on 12th March weighing 4lb 15.5ozs via an emergency c-section. Was all very quick as baby was in distress and not strong enough to survive a natural labour. Unfortunately he's been a bit poorly so has been in the special care unit since about 18 hours after he was born. He's on the mend and we're hoping to bring him home very soon.

I will keep lurking on this thread to keep an eye on the arrival of all of your beautiful babies!!
  • krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Always Alone. I hope Jude (beautiful name) makes a fast recovery and you can bring your gorgeous bundle home soonxxx

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing