Will my credit rating ruin my chances?

I have an interview tomorrow with a commercial finance/factoring part of a large commercial bank. Because of my experience etc I have a very good chance of getting the job, well I thought so until I filled in the application form today! The agency have asked me to complete it and take it with me with 3 forms of ID, which I done. Unfortunately - I have a bad credit rating due to joint debt with my ex who left me over 2 years ago and went on to declare himself bankrupt :(

The problem is on the application there is a section on compliance with the FSA. It says that it is a condition of employment of pepole involved in selling general insurance to be 'regulated', to ensure they comply with the rules, codes of conduct and principles of the FSA. I have had to tick yes on one of the boxes which asks if I have had to in the last 6 years entered any agreement in favour of creditors. I have done this with CCCS.

I however have never missed a mortgage payment, have any CCJs or anything like that.

I am now worried this creditors agreement with CCCS and my bad rating will go against me, even though the job is not actually selling a product but more of an admin/support role which is to pursue indemnifiers, partners or proprietors of client business and their debtors to recover advances where a shortfall has been identified.

Any expert advise would be appreciated as I am now thinking what is the point of going for the intreview.

Thanks

Sarah
Expect less and get more...

Comments

• paulinespens
    paulinespens Posts: 253 Forumite
    Have a look at your credit report see whats on it.
  • homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    where you are not handling clients monies as such the registration is not as strict. I know my company has taken advisers on with not the best credit history.

As long as you can explain why things happened and your employer can justify and satisfy that you are not a potential risk for defrauding company etc then I can't see it being a problem - especially if everything else stacks up for you to be the right person for the job.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure