Redundancy

I am going to be made redundant soon and want some advice. I used to work for a local authority and my conditions were tupe’d over to another company. Now a few years later I am going to be made redundant, am I entitled to the local authority redundancy package as I have never had an updated contract or will I just get statutory as the difference between the two is large.

Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ladycatnap wrote: »
    I am going to be made redundant soon and want some advice. I used to work for a local authority and my conditions were tupe’d over to another company. Now a few years later I am going to be made redundant, am I entitled to the local authority redundancy package as I have never had an updated contract or will I just get statutory as the difference between the two is large.

Any help gratefully received.

What do the T&C of your employment say ?
    Are the unions involved ?
    So many other questions need asking......
  • ladycatnap
    ladycatnap Posts: 53 Forumite
    Union will be involved. My contract states what my notice will be and a brief sentence that other conditions such as redundancy that there are documents available from personnel department.
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    There is such a thing called precedence,whereby if employees have in the past been made redundant under certain terms then those terms would be expected to be honoured.

This was to try and avoid a situation where redundant staff would tupe over and then get made redundant X amount of time later on worse terms.

Your union should be all over this
    Space available for rent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family