Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Oh dear - if this was me I would have to take the hit, begrudgingly though ....

Before xmas a nice sa warned dh+me we were using too many apgs and they had had a meeting about us and we would be spoken to about apgs and that you can only use 10 in 1 month...we refrained from using any in my local store for a while although we still shopped for the odd item in there.
    all had been fine til last week, we had a moc which was accepted with no problem but then we had a small wombled apg which wouldn't go thru..then the shop floor supervisor came over to the supervisor and said it couldn't be accepted..ok we said ..that's strange it wouldn't go thru....but the annoying thing is the supervisor would have accepted the apg, its when the one above him put her oar in that it was rejected..and she wasn't even on duty she was doing her shopping in civies !!!!!
    Yesterday we went in 3 bottles of wine, 8 fillers apg fine...except I felt we were being watched.
    Today we went in 3 bottles of wine+fillers larger apg fine but then dh put in a wombled apg 'that supervisor' who walked over to the till when we were about to pay questioned the wombled apg....she said.. I know what you are doing! we have cctv ...is this your receipt ? because it has been flagged up that you are using different credit cards...oh!! I say ..that is my daughters receipt, supervisor- well I will let it go thru this time but the person who bought and paid for the shopping is the one who has to redeem the apg...
    so we will keep a low profile again:(

Sorry to hear this hillbilly.......a low profile for a while sounds like a good idea:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The WB red worked from 3 hours ago:T:T

Stocks are building nicely:T:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening TM:D
    You missed Boots then?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I’ve just found a code for £5 off a £5 spend at mamas and papas. It’s a gift for mothers day:smileyhea:smileyhea

Theres loads of stuff you can get and free click and collect. I’ve just ordered 2 cup cake sets for the total price of £1

I’m going to go and stick the code on the code thread.

So get looking on the website NOW:)
    bubbs wrote: »
    I did bring this over:p just not the code, no mama's and pappa's here though:(

I've caught up now but came to thank you, Bubbs. I saw your post (and thank you too, TM) and have had a happy time buying stuff for a little hamper for a colleague's daughter who will give birth in a few months' time. I could use the code several times and no shop was more than £1, so I am very pleased. Thank you.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Evening TM:D
    You missed Boots then?

Yup:o

Again:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    No laughing. But just reading my contract for work, I was so excited and goes to oh omg I am going to be paid for holidays. :o then it dawned on me, but I don't want to go on holiday. :p was so pleased when Ds3 told me, that I can have holiday pay and stay at home. :rotfl:

I have never had holiday pay and oh is self employed so neither has he.

I am not usually that daft but just cooked dinner for 16 people and spent half the day at community kitchen where I made over 200 Welsh cakes :cool:
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I've caught up now but came to thank you, Bubbs. I saw your post (and thank you too, TM) and have had a happy time buying stuff for a little hamper for a colleague's daughter who will give birth in a few months' time. I could use the code several times and no shop was more than £1, so I am very pleased. Thank you.

I’ve bought all manner of useless stuff:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    No laughing. But just reading my contract for work, I was so excited and goes to oh omg I am going to be paid for holidays. :o then it dawned on me, but I don't want to go on holiday. :p was so pleased when Ds3 told me, that I can have holiday pay and stay at home. :rotfl:

I have never had holiday pay and oh is self employed so neither has he.

I am not usually that daft but just cooked dinner for 16 people and spent half the day at community kitchen where I made over 200 Welsh cakes :cool:

There's nothing better than being at home and being paid for it.:D

But Rhos, you should have had holiday pay for that job in the Country Park, assuming you were an employee of the business and did not go in on a self-employed basis.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening. This may have been mentioned. I see JF has gone into 342 in A and 3 for £12 in T.

Sheer Blond Brilliantly Brighter and Radiant Red are £6.99 each in A

A buy 3, pay £13.98, apg should see £20.97 v £12, £10.17 return on £13.98 spend, so £3.81 for 3 plus fillers?

Untested.

HTH

Anon
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 March 2018 at 10:55PM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Ive just finished making a couple of soups. They needed a bit of umph so I!!!8217;ve just put a dash of Worcestersauce in each of them:o:o

I can!!!8217;t get my head around this vegan thing:o

Off for a catch up:D

TM - Do you know worcestersauce contains anchovies?

L&P's Dec:

Ingredients

Malt Vinegar (from Barley), Spirit Vinegar, Molasses, Sugar, Salt, Anchovies (Fish), Tamarind Extract, Onions, Garlic, Spice, Flavourings
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure