EVERYTHING 5 POUNDS - warning

Comments

• Just a note on this one guys - I found this thread whilst trying to find a way to complain about the website everything5pounds.co.uk which appears dodgy to me as lists a registered company number that is actually the registered company number of stables in Oxford according to Companies House.
    As for everything5pounds.com I have placed and received 1 large order (approx 15 items) with which I had no issues and would happily use again based on my single experience.

Hope this helps someone.
  • likelyfran
    likelyfran Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    I bought 4 or 5 items from them in one order 3 or 4 years ago, on the recommendation of an acquaintance who was wearing a gorgeous coat and said it was from there.

As it happened, I didn't like any of the items, a bag and some clothes, I thought they were ALL cheap and tacky and I think the sizing on one of them was wrong.

Really quick and smooth return process and I didn't lose any money.

But I do know lots of people strike lucky and get some great stuff from there, I just haven't bothered again, there's loads of charity shops where I live where I can see the stuff properly before I buy.
    *Look for advice, not 'advise'*
    *Could/should/would HAVE please!*

:starmod:
    “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti. :starmod:
    :dance:
  • likelyfran
    likelyfran Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    alicat82 wrote: »
    Just a note on this one guys - I found this thread whilst trying to find a way to complain about the website everything5pounds.co.uk which appears dodgy to me as lists a registered company number that is actually the registered company number of stables in Oxford according to Companies House.
    As for everything5pounds.com I have placed and received 1 large order (approx 15 items) with which I had no issues and would happily use again based on my single experience.

Hope this helps someone.

Interesting. I must have bought from the .com one then.
    *Look for advice, not 'advise'*
    *Could/should/would HAVE please!*

:starmod:
    “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti. :starmod:
    :dance:
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 October 2017 at 8:40AM
    alicat82 wrote: »
    Just a note on this one guys - I found this thread whilst trying to find a way to complain about the website everything5pounds.co.uk which appears dodgy to me as lists a registered company number that is actually the registered company number of stables in Oxford according to Companies House.

Hope this helps someone.

Do you have a link to that because I inputed the companies house number and it’s correct
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    hollydays wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that because I inputed the companies house number and it’s correct
    The quoted Company number on the website is 09999999 and is shown by Companies House to be that of K L Newman Ltd, whose registered office is given as Wantage, Oxfordshire. However the registered office on the website is shown as Christchurch, in Dorset.
  • hollydays
    edited 2 November 2017 at 8:05AM
    Castle wrote: »
    The quoted Company number on the website is 09999999 and is shown by Companies House to be that of K L Newman Ltd, whose registered office is given as Wantage, Oxfordshire. However the registered office on the website is shown as Christchurch, in Dorset.

Where about is that?even if I google it it doesn’t come up?
    Twice on their website I’ve seen this company number given
    Fiver London Limited is a newly incorporated business and registered in England in 2010. The company registration number is 7384676.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    hollydays wrote: »
    Where about is that?even if I google it it doesn’t come up?
    Twice on their website I’ve seen this company number given
    Fiver London Limited is a newly incorporated business and registered in England in 2010. The company registration number is 7384676.
    09999999 refers to the www.everything5pounds.co.uk website; not the ".com" website, which does belong to Fiver London Ltd.
  • hollydays
    edited 3 November 2017 at 10:27AM
    Castle wrote: »
    09999999 refers to the www.everything5pounds.co.uk website; not the ".com" website, which does belong to Fiver London Ltd.

This thread started by the op is about https://www.everything5pounds.com

There is another complete scam company https://www.everything5pounds.co.uk

They do not have retail premesis and use this company
    https://www.cargotonigeria.com/our-address.html
    As a U.K. address
  • There you go, there are basically 2 sites, one with .co.uk and another .com. Dot Com is the one I have used in the past and it's very good. In my experience, the most important is to read product details and the reviews and you'll be happy.
    I found this thread when I was looking for similar sites, as shopping is my leisure activity :) and 5 pounds a pop is cheaper than a night out :), I had to register just to reassure doubters, in fact you can see from these posts that people who dealt with them have OK experience at the end, and bad comments are really from the ones who don't even know the website, they're just your regular opinionated protectors. To all believers, enjoy your bargain hunt, you'll love it.
  • hollydays
    edited 8 November 2017 at 9:19PM
    lavjack wrote: »
    There you go, there are basically 2 sites, one with .co.uk and another .com. Dot Com is the one I have used in the past and it's very good. In my experience, the most important is to read product details and the reviews and you'll be happy.
    I found this thread when I was looking for similar sites, as shopping is my leisure activity :) and 5 pounds a pop is cheaper than a night out :), I had to register just to reassure doubters, in fact you can see from these posts that people who dealt with them have OK experience at the end, and bad comments are really from the ones who don't even know the website, they're just your regular opinionated protectors. To all believers, enjoy your bargain hunt, you'll love it.

No that’s not correct.
    It’s NOT a good company according to many posters.
    I suspect you’ve joined up just to try to confuse people
    YOur the fifth newbie who’s praised the company.. give up now people are not fooled.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback