PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What colour bedding do you have and how much?

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Our bed set and matching curtains is plain grey, but I have a big patchwork quilt that goes over the top that is grey and blue.
    In fact I am writing this from the bed with just changed bedding as I have two sets.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have 2 duvet covers, both from Homesense (the posher brother of TKMaxx).

One has a sort of rose and castle print in pale blue and red. The other is brushed cotton and white with small blue, green and lilac leaves. Both reduced from £70 to about £20.

Son 1 has Dr Who (charity shop) or a lovely screen print of pine trees in the snow (M and S).

Son 2 has Cars (present from someone on this board) or a London Underground map that came from Asda.
  • Luna.B
    Luna.B Posts: 8 Forumite
    I always go for patterns. I have a Paisley duvet cover on at the moment, it's pretty vibrant.

I have a Christmas one with reindeer all over it which I love because it's really soft and cosy, it's made out of flannel material and I got that from matalan. I usually get my bedding from the range or pick things that are on sale. I don't think I'd spend more than £20 for a duvet cover.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Fusspot wrote: »
    Do you have lots of different duvet covers in fancy patterns or just plain?

I had a white duvet cover which was really cosy from M&S, gave it away when I saw a heavily patterned purple one with butterflies but, although I love purple and its my favourite colour, I think the white was fresher and I think having just one or two sets in plain colours is more money saving.
    I have 3 full sets - including 3 100% cotton mattress protectors that are washed every time I change the bedding.

These are 'Hotel' quality, high thread count in 100% cotton and are in various shades of cream with shadow patterns.

I would hate big-patterned bedding.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I didn't buy a single duvet cover for our kingsize bed; we have a yellow cover my Mum made from two white sheets and then dyed, a cheerful white one with wide purple-green-lightblue stripes across that came free with a magazine subscription, an ugly brick red one with paisley-ish decoration, a buttercoloured ugly one with orangy squares on. The ugly ones I use in winter and then put a quilt on top :)

I refuse to buy new ones when we have so many 'serviceable' duvet covers in the house, and am concentrating on the ugly ones to wear out. I've fixed them a few times when they wore through at the top, but for one of them this is the last time, as there is no space left at the bottom to take up and the duvet starts to peep out.

Dds have 3 duvet covers each: one was secondhand from grandparents, one was from me when I was young, one brushed cotton which was xmas gift.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've got 3 sets of Bluebell Gray which whilst very pretty, and expensive, annoys me as it comes very crumpled out of the washing machine. I refuse to iron bedding, so it's always wrinkly on the bed.

Have just replaced 2 lilac polycotton bottom sheets with 100% cotton white ones, annoyingly they've shrunk badly in the first wash (on 40 degrees). The frill touched the floor when new, it's now 4 inches off the floor and a real fight to get it to fit the mattress.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We've plaid reversible covers for the kingsize bed, solid reversibles for the double & whatever the lads want (within reason & budget!) in singles.

I did have a scandi print duvet cover for Christmas, bought hugely reduced, but Himself declared he didn't like it & it went into the rag bin.

Getting a lad to check the size of fitted sheet before using it is the uphill side of the problem. Says she washing & drying & putting the fitted sheet back on in hours whilst trying to coax son into handing over the sheet he's made a nest with...
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I love nice bedding and we have 12 full sets, in a variety of colours and patterns. I adore the feeling of fresh, clean sheets and, if I could afford to pay someone to do it for me, would love to be able to change my bed every day.
  • We have plain white bedding from John Lewis, it's their organic fairtrade range and is wonderful. We have had it for a few years now. I have 2 complete sets with a superking duvet cover. I also have an M&S pillow case from my childhood and a Laura Ashley one of my son's when he was little, both 100% cotton Made in UK, they get used monthly. I have a couple of patchwork quilts that I made, they are weather dependent!
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Fusspot wrote: »
    Do you have lots of different duvet covers in fancy patterns or just plain?

Just skimming through the thread and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with all white!

Hate shopping so normally get everything from John Lewis. Ended up with white Egyptian cotton with a high tread count and price to match. 2ish years on and am happy with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure