'This is immigration not a nightclub queue' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's 'This is immigration not a nightclub queue' blog. Please read the blog first, and then click reply to discuss.

Comments

• I wonder what they’d have done there if it was the other way round.
    Unloaded their 9mm. Then again that happens here too.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    at least you didnt call them stupid - now that would have been an insult.......:T
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • Mumstheword
    Mumstheword Posts: 3,760
    Forumite
    :D:D

I often read your blogs with interest, but they go by without comment usually.

This one, however, deserved a pat on the back for being one of the few who would speak up.

How handy, then, that at the bottom of the blog, instead of 'comment and discuss', it says 'commend' and discuss:rotfl:

Good job that was my intention eh?:D But a little presumtuous?:p

Any spelling and grammar mistakes made by me are, of course, exempt from discussion :D:D:D
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
  • snowmaid
    snowmaid Posts: 3,494 Forumite
    You find them everywhere, not just in immigration queues. People who think that they are above the law and obeying law is taking away their civil rights, people who try and 'sex' their way through a situation etc etc. :rolleyes:

They make me want to hurl into the nearest bin.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    :D:D

I often read your blogs with interest, but they go by without comment usually.

This one, however, deserved a pat on the back for being one of the few who would speak up.

How handy, then, that at the bottom of the blog, instead of 'comment and discuss', it says 'commend' and discuss:rotfl:

Good job that was my intention eh?:D But a little presumtuous?:p

Any spelling and grammar mistakes made by me are, of course, exempt from discussion :D:D:D

Oops - its now restored to 'Comment and discuss' :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Mumstheword
    Mumstheword Posts: 3,760
    Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Oops - its now restored to 'Comment and discuss' :)
    Aaw, spoilsport!:p:D
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
  • BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Do you ever get through the airport without a hiccup Martin? A month or so ago you were shouting customer service messages weren't you?
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • peter999
    peter999 Posts: 7,097
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I returned through Stansted last week around midnight & the queue was quite long.

Since when have the queues started being so long ??

Is it since the passport officers got new uniforms & faff about with the passports a bit more ??

I don't like everyone being treated as a suspect or terrorist under the excuse of "terrorism".

peter999
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,244
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Martin wondered:
    Having been through US immigration a couple of times myself, often an intimidating process, I wonder what they’d have done there if it was the other way round.

In that situation, I think she would have been crossing the Atlantic again pretty quickly. US immigration expect their victims -- sorry customers -- to do exactly as told.

Incidentally, there are fairly strict rules against using mobile telephones anywhere near the queue for Immigration. I am surprised that no-one was enforcing them. Such behaviour would not have been tolerated at Heathrow.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Stun gun anyone...

taser.jpg

Empty vessels tend to make the most noise, all that bellowing on the phone. Probably just a pumped up plastic Barbie, with a very ugly personality. Yuk!!

Good on you Martin for puting her firmly in her place. I hope she was thoroughly grilled before gaining entry to the UK, maybe she was refused. Whatever the outcome I hope the American line was a damn sight longer than the European one.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure