ESA No points ~ Won PIP Appeal

I wonder if anyone can advise me on my circumstances please?

After 2yrs of Esa (IR) at Assessment Rate I finally had a WCA but didn't score any points therefore no income for myself for 2 months.

In the same month I won my PIP Tribunal which was held and awarded PIP Standard Rate for care and mobility for 2 years which ends soon but I still haven't heard anything from DWP.

Is it true or does anyone know if any/all the other entitlements I would have received during the two years I have now lost? I was told I would have been eligible fir a buspass.🙁

Thank you for your help.

Comments

45002 Posts: 802
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    JJWSJS8700 wrote:

After 2yrs of Esa (IR) at Assessment Rate I finally had a WCA but didn't score any points therefore no income for myself for 2 months.

In the same month I won my PIP Tribunal which was held and awarded PIP Standard Rate for care and mobility for 2 years which ends soon but I still haven't heard anything from DWP.

Is it true or does anyone know if any/all the other entitlements I would have received during the two years I have now lost? I was told I would have been eligible fir a buspass.🙁

Thank you for your help.

Appealing ESA https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/challenging-an-esa-decision/

Bus pass https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-disabled-bus-pass
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • JJWSJS8700
    JJWSJS8700 Posts: 238
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you for replying to my dilemna.

I don't think I will Appeal the Esa after over 2 years of stress and now I have been awarded PIP, I thought I can live on that as it is 4 pounds more than Esa 73.10 which I have done for past 2 years.

I am, throgh PIP eligible fir a free bus pass, but has it has just been awarded and nit yet received any proof, I will not be allowed, is that correct.

Thank you for giving me your very welconed advice.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    JJWSJS8700 wrote: »

Thank you for your help.
    ESA and PIP are 2 completely different benefits. Having had an award for PIP makes no difference to an ESA claim. People claim PIP and work.

Your post is a little confusing. You say you were awarded PIP by a Tribunal for 2 years but it ends soon and you haven't heard anything? When did you win your Tribunal and what date is it untill? Having an award of PIP won't qualify you for a bus pass. You'll need to take a look at your local Councils criteria on their website.
    Forumite
    edited 7 October 2017 at 9:13PM
    Thank you for replying to my dilemna.

I don't think I will Appeal the Esa after over 2 years of stress and now I have been awarded PIP, I thought I can live on that as it is 4 pounds more than Esa 73.10 which I have done for past 2 years.

I am, throgh PIP eligible fir a free bus pass, but has it has just been awarded and nit yet received any proof, I will not be allowed, is that correct.

Thank you for giving me your very welconed advice.

Yes, they would need to see proof of benefits, the award letter from the DWP saying you get High rate mobility DLA or High rate mobility PIP.

I'm going through the renewal processes on my disabled free bus pass and they always ask for copy of award letter from dwp "dated with in 12 months" and proof of address sending up-to-date copies of utilities bills.

Good luck
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • JJWSJS8700
    Forumite
    Thank you for replying.

I lost ESA assessment rate almost 2 mths sgo.

I was awarded PIP just a few weeks ago backdated for almost 2 years.

This council said it would entitle me fir a bus pass but the Claim took that long it is almost running out.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    45002 wrote: »
    Yes, they would need to see proof of benefits, the award letter from the DWP.

I'm going through the renewal processes on my disabled free bus pass and they always ask for copy of award letter from dwp "dated with in 12 months" and proof of address sending up-to-date copies of utilities bills.

Good luck
    Not always true. Not every standard Mobility award will get a person a free disabled bus pass. The OP would need to check the criteria of their local council. Some councils do not give the disabled bus pass for this reason. I get Enhanced Mobility PIP for the moving around part and i do not qualify for this bus pass with my local council.
  • JJWSJS8700
    Forumite
    Thank you 45002.

As my PIP award will be almost ended when I eventually receive the award letter, does that mean I will only get a pass, if I do get one, for the remaining few weeks of the award?

Thank you for helping.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    Thank you 45002.

As my PIP award will be almost ended when I eventually receive the award letter, does that mean I will only get a pass, if I do get one, for the remaining few weeks of the award?

Thank you for helping.
    If you qualify for the disabled bus pass then it would end the same time your PIP award ends.
  • JJWSJS8700
    Forumite
    Thank you Poppy for replying.

That is what I wanted to know, so it looks like a pass for a few weeks anyway.😊

Is that the same for the disibilty premiums also, they will not be backdated for the whole 2 years of the award?

Other sites must be just misleading me, that's why I thought I woukd check here.

Thank you once again.
    Forumite
    Thank you 45002.

Thank you for helping.

Plenty of guidance here http://www.bususers.org/publications/#general

look for "Concessionary Bus Travel 1 Oct, 2013" if your in England...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure