Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• IT'S WEIGH DAY!!!

Weigh in number 37

Will I get to target today? I hope so....... I have been really really good this week. No alcohol, and keeping within 15 syns everyday (except Thursday.... a big cup cake :rotfl:)

Here's hoping :D
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Well done to all the losers, and hugs to all the gainers. Think the spreadsheet is up to date.
    Good luck with today's weigh in Shiprob. Fingers crossed you get to target.

I'm back on plan today. Kind of had 3 days off plan, but then allowing myself to go off plan, I tend to find I eat healthier than when I go off plan by mistake.

Today's 'plan':
    Breakfast - yogurt
    Lunch - pasta salad
    Dinner - pasta and meatballs
    Snacks - fruit, aldi quavers, cereal bars, ginger sweets

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - quavers (3), ginger sweets
    Zebras rock
  • morning all, sorry I've been awol its been a manic few weeks especially with littlie. she had her first consultant appointment and seems to be making progress quickly so that's good.

missed one week of gym due to the holidays/no one to watch littlie then once last week due to the hospital appointment however back to twice a week from this week.

today:
    breakfast: 35g oats made up with 100ml water and 75ml milk (from hea, semi skimmed so 175ml remaining), 1tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp. peanut butter (for protein) 4.5syn
    going to the gym for an hour - I have taken up jogging at the gym on the treadmill, I have never enjoyed jogging before :O
    lunch: jacket potato with beans and salad (lettuce, tomatoes, pepper) and some mushrooms (bought frozen to try, will heat through in the frying pan with a little fry light)
    tea: either homemade soup (leek and potato syn free) or chicken thigh baked in the oven and served with homemade wedges and salad

I have either been on plan for a few weeks at a time or been under 1250 cals (a day) for a few weeks at a time consistently for the last few months and I have lost the grand total of ... nothing. in fact I have gained 6lb according to my scales. I could cry just writing that :( really need to think of a next move
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    morning all, sorry I've been awol its been a manic few weeks especially with littlie. she had her first consultant appointment and seems to be making progress quickly so that's good.

missed one week of gym due to the holidays/no one to watch littlie then once last week due to the hospital appointment however back to twice a week from this week.

today:
    breakfast: 35g oats made up with 100ml water and 75ml milk (from hea, semi skimmed so 175ml remaining), 1tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp. peanut butter (for protein) 4.5syn
    going to the gym for an hour - I have taken up jogging at the gym on the treadmill, I have never enjoyed jogging before :O
    lunch: jacket potato with beans and salad (lettuce, tomatoes, pepper) and some mushrooms (bought frozen to try, will heat through in the frying pan with a little fry light)
    tea: either homemade soup (leek and potato syn free) or chicken thigh baked in the oven and served with homemade wedges and salad

I have either been on plan for a few weeks at a time or been under 1250 cals (a day) for a few weeks at a time consistently for the last few months and I have lost the grand total of ... nothing. in fact I have gained 6lb according to my scales. I could cry just writing that :( really need to think of a next move

Morning Lush. Missed you.

Hugs on the undeserved gain. Your meal plan looks good. Could it be hormones? I know sometimes my weight can vary by up to half a stone because of hormones.
    There seems to be lots of speed in your plan. Is it 1/3?
    has your portion size grown? I know you can in theory you can eat as much as you like as long as a third is speed, but I think portion size sometimes needs keeping an eye on.
    Zebras rock
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good Luck for weigh in Shiprob!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hope today's the day shiprob!:D

Good to see you posting lush. Have you had your holiday yet?:)

I think 'keep plodding' is the best advice we can give. I know that exercise can prevent weightloss to begin with but I'm delighted you're getting to the gym just for the me time, anything else is a bonus. On your low calorie days do you stick to plan? I think you should as that would probably work a bit like SP (so still SW but lower calorie because of no carbs in the case of SP).

Your home sounds like a tea shop greentiger.:) We haven't had too much luck with Dutchmen in the past couple of years. The latest one seems to be coming out of his incredible sulk at last. He's known as Van D*ck in these parts!:D

We've had decorators in for the past week and today they're in the kitchen! Managed to grab breakfast before they arrived but not sure when I can get in there next. I'll write down what I plan to have and hope it works.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO chicken, fried veg and pickles
    D: baked haddock, mash, cauli, broccoli, tomatoes
    Syns: NONE!
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

Less than 1250 wouldn't get me through breakfast! I'm a firm believer, especially on SW, that eating lots of the right things will work for you.
  • Top_Girl
    Forumite
    How many syns are in chocolate orange segsations please? Asking for a friend who may or may not have eaten four this morning :o
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    How many syns are in chocolate orange segsations please? Asking for a friend who may or may not have eaten four this morning :o

Tell her that they're 2 syns each and she deserves to feel sick eating chocolate this time of the morning._pale_ Of course, if she's pregnant then different rules apply.;)
  • Top_Girl
    Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    Tell her that they're 2 syns each and she deserves to feel sick eating chocolate this time of the morning._pale_ Of course, if she's pregnant then different rules apply.;)

:D Thank you! She is and says they were lovely with a cup of tea :)

My menu for today

B - Chicken and tomato SW quiche and toast. And 8 syns have gone somewhere alongside a cup of tea.

D - Leftover chinese beef noodles, carrot sticks and an apple.

T - Bolognese sauce on either a jacket potato or SW chips.

Happy wriggling bump this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport