Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well had smoothie for breakfast, children had cereal, and I had a smoothie, have left over cottage pie from my dads on Sunday for lunch. Losing the will at work!!!!!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Hope your day flew by and you're home now :D x
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hope you got all your jobs done Missy xx
    Mummytogirls x

• missymoo81
    Arrgghhh am home, went to Tesco and spent money p:eek:

£30 to be exact but have worked out only £5 was on food for us. I spent stupid money on Ingredients for cake, for the cake to then be chucked in the bin as the egg I broke into it was bad :eek: not a happy bunny, so had to do it all again. It's for work too so not even for us. I also spent another £5 on stir fry stuff. I was going to get a takeaway, but got that instead..... Not sure how to budget for that. Got some cleaning stuff too.

Cake is made and I'm just about to take it out of the tin. Did not go to plan and oven is covered in cake mix!!!! Really crappy day, missing Roo and May horrendously as they're at MIl. Have a hideous day at work tomorrow. Bring on the weekend!
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds like you are doing really well. I too have started on the Christmas Prezzies...we have so much between now and Christmas, birthdays and anniversary, so I have to be prepared if I want to be able to feed my kids in January ha ha. I NEED a sensible September, we have done loads in August, which was lovley but I need to reign it in!
  • missymoo81
    Thanks Lauren, I still need to get some bits of shopping but will be for next week too. Feeling v guilty about spending so much yesterday but it was all needed. Got some amazing deals in Tesco though last night, 8p bread and pitta and potatoes, got some parsnips so will make soup over the weekend.

Need to get some milk and some cereal and bananas but will get those in aldi tomorrow.
  • laurenh1
    well done you, I live in the reduced section...it is literally the only way to make ends meet until the 100 pound a day nursery fees come to an end ha ha! Good for your bank account and less wasted food in the world- winner winner! It is hard I think sometimes to stick to it, especially when unavoidable costs come up and you think "why do I bother" but it all will add up in the end. Also, never feel guilty about spending that you had to do, even if you didn't have to do it, you still have to live :D
  • I am starting to see a link between crap day at work and you spending...

It was very groundhog day, thanks for asking. I think it is unfair to candidates to schedule multiple interviews in a row, because no matter how engaging they are, I have lost the will to live after 8 hours. I went to the tiny co-op and frittered on the brief lunch break just to get away, so it isn't just you. If I hadn't planned ahead we would have had a takeaway as well.
  • Weekend nearly here! Keep plodding x
  • laurenh1
    Hidden- I really like your Rockbottom quote :)

Hurrah for weekends and taking the kids anywhere that is free LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport