How to obtain more credit?

I currently have 10500 limit across 3 0pc cards. I have used around 7000. I am about to start making 500pm payment to clear one in full in the next 8 months before the 0pc ends. I am wondering, how can I obtain more credit? (For stoozing)

Do I have too much available credit to obtain more? Or will using it all make me look desperate and not able to get more?

I have a good annual income and currently my credit limit is about 25% of my annual salary. Does that play a part?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You have low limits currently, so you should be able to get further offers, dependent on your credit history.

Usage of available credit will play a part in how lenders view you, although they will also see the promo markers, so will know you're not paying interest.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    bigsaver28 wrote: »
    I am about to start making 500pm payment to clear one in full in the next 8 months before the 0pc ends.

Perhaps I have misunderstood stoozing. But surely you shouldn't be paying off the balance until the last minute - that £500 going into an interest bearing account??
  • bigsaver28
    bigsaver28 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply. I did consider that, paying in full at the last minute, but also considered the fact that paying off a decent sum monthly will hopefully boost my credit history and make me more attractive in the future?

I have saved the 4K on the one card in high interest accounts for the last 22 months. Plus I have 3k from others earning interest and a further 3.5k to save.

That’s why I’m here asking for advice on how to get more! trying to figure out what makes you attractive to lenders to continue!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bigsaver28 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I did consider that, paying in full at the last minute, but also considered the fact that paying off a decent sum monthly will hopefully boost my credit history and make me more attractive in the future?

Lenders don't expect you to quickly pay off a 0% balance.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    I think it's best to pay the minimum+£1.

The extra £1 will prevent a "minimum payment" marker. This might not matter given it is probably noted you are on a promo deal, but for the sake of £1 of cashflow, it's worth it IMHO.
  • bigsaver28
    bigsaver28 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Currently doing that. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills