Business sellers

Options
Do business sellers have to give their name and address at the bottom each of their adverts?

The reason I ask is that a seller has over 30 caravans and campers for sale shown at two locations. When I made an enquiry the van was at another location some 10 miles away.

Thanks,

Fortyfoot

Comments

• Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The item isn't necessarily at the address of the seller, but where it is located should be shown at the top of the listing. Often it is pretty generic - e.g. 'UK' or 'Manchester'.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fortyfoot wrote: »
    Do business sellers have to give their name and address at the bottom each of their adverts?

The reason I ask is that a seller has over 30 caravans and campers for sale shown at two locations. When I made an enquiry the van was at another location some 10 miles away.

Thanks,

Fortyfoot

As per Dox's response. Business sellers are required to show a geographic address capable of accepting mail on all listings, they do not have to state where their goods are held. Even small sellers like me have additional storage that is not at my main address,
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    If someone should have 30 caravans for sale I'd be very inclined to doubt that he/she is a private individual.

More likely is that he /she is dodging legal obligations tax etc etc.

Perhaps a reason to avoid??
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    If someone should have 30 caravans for sale I'd be very inclined to doubt that he/she is a private individual.

More likely is that he /she is dodging legal obligations tax etc etc.

Perhaps a reason to avoid??

Whilst I agree, it's not clear if this seller is unregistered or not.

Business seller details are now not allowed to be on the listing itself.
  • soolin
    Options
    Whilst I agree, it's not clear if this seller is unregistered or not.

Business seller details are now not allowed to be on the listing itself.

I know there is a glitch that means some of us get different page views but when I look at the seller they are not registered as a business at all.

There are also no business contact details where I would expect to see them one click away from the main listing page .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    Firstly, the seller I am linking to here is not one I've used, it was just the first one I came across to illustrate my point.

Note it shows them as being registered as a business on the page by the seller information. Then on the same page, not even one click away, the full business address is shown at the bottom of the page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-CARDBOARD-PACKING-BOXES-FOR-GOLF-CLUBS-SIZE-5-x-4-x-49-SHIPPING-MAILING-NEW/202100100720?epid=1638280734&hash=item2f0e1ace70:g:GssAAOSwPe1UCdOD
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I know there is a glitch that means some of us get different page views but when I look at the seller they are not registered as a business at all.

There are also no business contact details where I would expect to see them one click away from the main listing page .

Ah I didn't look at the seller, did I miss a link - I'm on my phone - or is it by investigative work....?
  • soolin
    Options
    Ah I didn't look at the seller, did I miss a link - I'm on my phone - or is it by investigative work....?

Sorry, I happen to know which seller it is but the information isn't mine to share.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Sorry, I happen to know which seller it is but the information isn't mine to share.

I don't expect it to be shared, I thought I had misread the thread and missed the link/details. :)
  • soolin
    Options
    I don't expect it to be shared, I thought I had misread the thread and missed the link/details. :)

No, it's just me going off on a tangent again :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure