Employer asking me to work Weekend + Mon-Fri

Comments

• CC-Warrior wrote: »
    Whatever happened to work to live and not live to work.
    Employers need to back off - they do not own us despite what the contract says. We're not going to get this time back.

I wouldn't work more than 7 days in a row and if that causes upset in dear Management then that's too bad, personal health and a healthy work-life balance is more important.

The working culture is sick.

Ah the 1970s is alive & well
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    !!!!!!. It depends on the salary. Why can't you understand?

Many job have low salaries and paid overtime.

Many other jobs have very high salaries and no paid overtime.

Often the people in the latter are much better off than the people in the former.

This is not difficult.

Fitters, Engineers, Operators, Techs etc are not paid poorly in the oil industry, some are on salary. Yet still get paid o/t for extra hours worked. What don't you understand about that?

You have no idea what this person is earning hence your comparison mean nothing..

For crying out loud, the world is bigger than your job.
  • scd3scd4
    Do you understand what "if" means? The only person making assumptions and ploughing on as though they are correct is you.

Well get the facts and then get back as at the moment you are just noise.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    CC-Warrior wrote: »
    Whatever happened to work to live and not live to work.
    Employers need to back off - they do not own us despite what the contract says. We're not going to get this time back.

I wouldn't work more than 7 days in a row and if that causes upset in dear Management then that's too bad, personal health and a healthy work-life balance is more important.

The working culture is sick.
    And when you get sacked how will you work to live?
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    scd3scd4 wrote: »

You're adding very little to this yourself mate. Still, empty vessels....
  • scd3scd4 wrote: »

Jesus Christ. You are the one giving advice with no facts. Amazing lack of self awareness.
  • scd3scd4 wrote: »
    Fitters, Engineers, Operators, Techs etc are not paid poorly in the oil industry, some are on salary. Yet still get paid o/t for extra hours worked. What don't you understand about that?

And if that's what their contract states fair enough. If your contract says occasional weekends are covered by your alary, that's different.
    scd3scd4 wrote: »

You have no idea what this person is earning hence your comparison mean nothing..

For crying out loud, the world is bigger than your job.

This applies to YOU, not me! How can you not see this? I am not telling him how to behave! You are! And you are the one acting as though there's only one possibility, the one you know!
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    popcorn, crisps, :beer:
  • scd3scd4
    edited 6 March 2018 at 12:19PM
    And if that's what their contract states fair enough. If your contract says occasional weekends are covered by your alary, that's different.

This applies to YOU, not me! How can you not see this? I am not telling him how to behave! You are! And you are the one acting as though there's only one possibility, the one you know!

Like I said........AGAIN. We don't know what the contract says other than what is quoted on here. What he shared mentions nothing about not getting paid or time banked. Hence why I said have a chat with the boss or suck it up once maybe. In the mean time I still reckon they are taking the pixx.

Its not about what applies to me !!!!!! its about contracts being different!!!
  • scd3scd4
    edited 6 March 2018 at 12:50PM
    Jesus Christ. You are the one giving advice with no facts. Amazing lack of self awareness.

What facts are there to comment on, other than the info given. You are the one assuming he is on 100k. lol

Ohhh and as for "self awareness" I am happy with my performance. Hence why I have worked for one of the largest American oil companies for nearly 21 years and never worked more than 15 minutes and not got paid. ;-]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure