PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 January 2018 at 10:56PM
    Quick email home assured us that mum is ok and has been cleaning cupboards out ( a common reaction, I believe). My niece has requested, very politely, that our holiday present for her may be the last of a set of baby turtles - no need to invoke CITES, they are little plush toys :)

We met our lovely friends for a buffet breakfast. It was very good. We then adjourned to their breezy deck and admired the crashing waves, later taking a stroll along the beach and rockpooling.

To top off a lovely day DH has volunteered to cook tea! Although he did say it would be egg and bacon so I reminded him that was what we had for breakfast. His respose? Well I don't have it very often and I love it!! I may just have toast. :D

ETA - Ivyleaf, glad it went well and the weather was kind x
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    So glad it all we t well for you Ivyleaf in spite of the wind! We did wave back to you ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Floss wrote: »
    DH is reading the inside of his eyelids ;)
    I always insist that I am studying the inside of my eyelids ;).
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've been reading back over this thread, and you lot are a really kind supportive group of people who clearly genuinely care about each other and it is so nice to see, and lovely to see it coming through in your posts. You all rally round when someone needs advice or support :A. Even if you are as 'mad as a box of frogs' as monnogran said :rotfl: :rotfl:.
  • We're getting ready for more snow. It's been a very funny winter. -30c for a couple of weeks then up to 9C and repeat.

I've gone full time at work. In a way it's giving me the much desired "work life balance" that appears to be so trendy these days. It's the only way I can get permanent day shift! It's very strange to have weekends off and be home by 6pm!

The flu is here and it's been nasty. But our health service makes it difficult for us to go sick! Last week there were 9 deaths with flu as a major factor.

So wash your hands, sneeze into your shoulder, and wash your hands.
  • , Happy to hear all went well ivyleaf and you're home now .

WC It's good to see you and hear all is well . Middle daughter loved her trip to Ontario in october . She found the traffic in the town a bit scary but fell in love with Niagria on the Lake ( until she saw the property prices ) Her beloved has just been over here so we're watching this space at the moment , she may head for pastures new and not a mountie in sight , with or without a hat .
    Hope working days works well for you .

I need someone to send me to bed . It's nice and warm down here and I'm not feeling like heading upstairs . I'll do a hot water bottle and a brew and bite the bullet .

Good to see you Holly .

Sleep tight all
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi hollyharvy, welcome along

Ivy glad everything went to plan
    Mmf , holiday sound just what you need

I'm shattered tonight but wide awake at the same time .... not much sleep last night , then fell asleep about 6 and woke up at 9 30 am ... then spent morning running kids around , fitted a quick run in the middle , food shop, then work in the bar , home dogs tea washed and tidied up a bit , now crashed out ... Tomorrow will be a early start and late finish as back in the bar till 11 30 , but have stacks to do ... estate agent here Tuesday with 3mw , so will see what his plans are .... House upside down ,needs a deep clean , haven't got the time so may be a quick run around and hide the rest :D ....past the point of caring to be honest , kids are fine and that's all that matters at the moment ...
    More snow this afternoon , roads were bad , fingers crossed it melts a bit overnight
    House cold , but fighting a loosing battle with the heating ,so mind over matter till this place is gone , intresting tale ,a friend was talking to 3mw today , said how everything was fine , we were still friends,he was seeing kids all the time and gran kids , house needed to be sold so we could both move on , but all was happy ,good ...... my friend just stood back and listening in amazement , his comments to me were , simply what planet is he living on .....
    Yup ....
    He just doesn't see what he has done , and more importantly what he is doing to the kids now , he's a fool
    never mind , just keep going

right night all, x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ah, Burtha, is 3mw trying to convince the friend or himself???
    Fool :mad:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Think he's living in a parallel universe to ours .... he honestly can see he done nothing wrong or that his actions have not affected anyone .... its bizarre .....hey ho
    X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    burtha love, he will always say anything that puts him in a good light. He can't actually face up to what he has done so as far as he is concerned everything has to be presented as happy and reasonable.
    He obviously knows what he SHOULD be doing and wants everyone to think that this is what he IS doing. I don't know how deep his self-delusion goes but he may never be able to acknowledge, even to himself, the destruction he has caused.

I know you must be so tired of hearing us say it, but please be a little bit selfish and put yourself first occasionally. You seem to have good, sensible friends around you, listen to them.
    As for the house, it's wonderful what a 10 minute blitz of hurling stuff into cupboards and drawers will do and a quick wipe over surfaces with a cloth dipped in Zoflora water will have everything smelling sweet and clean. My mother used to spray the radiators with Mr Sheen because she reckoned that if people smelt polish they assumed, without looking, that everything WAS polished. She was full of handy household tips like that. You can see that I was brought up properly.
    I know you are still raw burtha, but I promise that the pain will dull eventually.

So nice to see old friends again. WC glad to see that you are emerging into the daylight. Keep warm and sorry to hear that you are suffering from this wretched flu over there, it's a nasty one, isn't it?

Welcome HH. There is always room on the fence for another friend, we can always budge up a bit.

I did wave my duster out of the window Ivyleaf, did you see it? Glad all went well on Friday.

I hope you are tucked up in bed by now Polly and if you are serious about hibernating count me in.

I will spare you all any more ramblings and see if this post will "take." I lost a couple of long ones yesterday.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family