The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

A whole new world, for now

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    2 lbs down is fab :j :j
    Great news on being in the £70's :j :j :j :j :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • today OH listed 3 items on the bay. another 1 already listed sold. it was just pennies but all pennies are welcome. today i spent an hour and a half in the garden. this was as close to exercise as I got this weekend. other bits and pieces got done around the house which was good. Brother called over to gift apples. coincidentally, he's very fond of an apple and cinnamon loaf that I make!
    dinner tonight had four different roasted veg in addition to potatoes. while there was only a half portion of each, these were in addition to mushrooms at breakfast and snacking on an apple. Tomorrow, I'm working in Dublin so it'll be an earlier than usual start. I'm hoping to be able to fit in a trip to aldi as this upping the veg intake seems to be working for me.

Today I am grateful for
    gifted apples
    an unexpected call from a friend
    overpaying the mortgage
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Overpaying the mortgage is good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well done on reaching the 70s!:j. It's such a great psychological boost when you drop into the next bracket!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Yesterday was a spendy day in tolls and carparking. I got to aldi and got some of their super six along with some other items. Went to jog club but didn't last the full time. I was shattered.
    Our dog pooped overnight in several places which is so unlike her. She's looking very sheepish. Happily, today was down to be an admin day for me so I shall be able to keep an eye on her. As of yesterday, dd went back to bar work. She is doing shifts on mon to Thursday as her bestie comes back from London this weekend to celebrate a birthday so they have plans.
    Yesterday a swago kicked off so I scored some extra points last night. I'm hoping for more today.
    While in dublin, I had a catch up with a client. Another few days should be coming my way which is good. He is also looking a few hours minimum every fortnight for the next few months. I am supposed to be going for dinner this evening but this is an unreliable friend so we will wait and see. If it works out, it'll be the steak night for 2 at £20. Lovely food and a cheap night out. Yesterday I managed my five a day which is getting easier. I'm thinking of booking a blood test to see how my sugars are doing. I'd love to get my 5 tablets a day reduced even a bit. Anyhow, the dog is complaining. Gotta go.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • hoping dog is okay...
    i bet your sugars have gone down, especially
    with your exercise and better diet :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    hoping dog is okay...
    i bet your sugars have gone down, especially
    with your exercise and better diet :)

FRom me too :)

• How odd. Got a call from the gp surgery today about a flu jab that I declined. I did take it as a sign so am getting my sugars checked Monday after next.
  • Yesterday I had a work meeting which one person couldn't attend and forgot to cancel. So annoyed. Today I have a meeting to kick off the tender work that I won. They want it delivered in the next two weeks so I may actually have income in November. That'd be good. I still haven't received any payments which is a nightmare.
    On the plus side, one of OH's items sold for £250 on the bay yesterday. I also called into mr a to get some parsley yesterday and came out £24 poorer but with lots of whoopsied protein. I even got the parsley I had gone in for. This afternoon I will be trying two new recipes and also making some veg soup.
    Dog has been fine for the past few days, it was probably something she ate. She is aging though and has slowed down a lot.
    Still, I need to get a wiggle on. Although there's no dramatic weightloss, it's such a relief not to panic when I need to get into the hardly worn work clothes. Although, this week there will be four work clothes days. That's the most since March! Fingers crossed I get some income before a trip to the dry cleaners is needed.
    Today I am grateful for
    Guilt tripping myself into jog club last night
    Small changes for big benefits
    That a friend's 5 year old got discharged from hospital and continues to improve
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Good news on the tender.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback