Private transfer never arrived

Options

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Holiday was booked via Sunshine who then put the package together, so don't think a section 75 would work in that instance.

Worth a try and chargeback applies to both cc & dc and if its less than £100, chargeback has a £10 lower limit on mastercard and no lower limit on visa i think? Might be wrong on that bit. You just need to show you paid for services that weren't provided. Wont cover additional loss but might be able to get at least a partial chargeback for whatever you paid for the transfer.

Nothing to lose at least.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice.

Head back from A2B - They are going to refund half of the price I originally paid as they did not fulfil the hotel to airport leg of the journey.

They said without the receipt I will need to email over a complaint for the matter to be fully investigated and see what happens. At least that means im only £65 down now. Will have to see what their investigation highlights and whether they will refund the extra £65.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Just to give you an update.

I contacted the hotel who in turn contacted the taxi company and managed to get a copy of the receipt and email it across to me.

Sent this onto A2B, however because the holiday was booked via Sunshine, I had to send all correspondence to them who in turn will forward it onto A2B.

This was my original complaint
    I had a private transfer booked from the Litore Resort in Turkey to Antalya Airport.

The confirmation email stated the pickup would be at 1905hrs on the 29th September.

At 1845hrs we waited at the front of the hotel with our baggage. There was a white vehicle parked outside the front and the driver was talking to a member of staff from the hotel. The member of staff looked at us and said "Williams?" to which we said that wasn't us.

After about 10 minutes the car was still sitting there and we noticed amongst the many signs in the windscreen, one of them said "A2B". I approached the driver who was on the phone at the time. I said "A2B?" and showed him my booking email. He took the piece of paper, looked at it for a few moments and said "No".

We waited until 1920hrs and still no car had turned up to collect us. I then contacted the number on the confirmation email however there was no answer. The hotel staff then contacted the second number and said they would call back. Upon calling back the person on the phone was extremely unhelpful and abrupt. He stated that the car had been waiting there to collect us and no-one had showed. I attempted to explain the only car waiting was waiting for someone called "Williams". I was told nothing they could do and would have to make the way to the airport at my own expense.

It was now 1930hrs and the flight was scheduled to leave at 2245hrs with a journey time to the airport of 1hour 33 minutes.

The hotel called a taxi for us whilst I contacted the A2B 24 hour UK line. The lady I spoke to was extremely helpful and said I would have to get a taxi to take us to the airport. Whilst on the phone the taxi turned up and I was trying to arrange payment as we only had pound sterling available. The taxi driver spoke no English and we spoke no Turkish. In the end, the driver had to make phone calls as he only had prices available in Lira, Dollars and Euro. He came back with a price of £100 for the journey, which wiped out the last remaining money we had which we was going to spend at the airport.

Upon arrival at the airport, with only very limited time available before check in closed, the driver stopped on the road at the entrance so we could jump out. I tried numerous ways including mime to ask for a receipt, but due to the language barrier and the traffic building up behind, he jumped in his taxi and left.

Since sending the above to A2B I contacted the hotel which phoned the taxi for us. I have included as an attachment a copy of my email to them and the receipt they obtained from the taxi company.
    I have just received their response in relation to the complaint:
    Dear Team,

We have received a response from our local partner, we would firstly like to say again how sorry we are that your

customer found cause for complaint whilst they were away. We do our best to ensure that the partners with whom we work offer the best possible service locally, and we were very concerned to learn that your customer felt they had been let down on this occasion.

We have now received the partner's reply and would advise you that they state as follows:-

Good day

Issued pick up time was 1905 as per the GPS the vehicle was there from 1905 till 1916 the guests were no there

Please see the GPS reports below. the time the driver left the office to the pick up location

We hope you understand why we believe no error was made by the supplier and why we consider they provided the service that they had undertaken to provide. We are therefore unable to offer you any refund on this occasion, although we do apologise once more if the arrangements that were made overseas failed to live up to your customer'€™s expectations.

Thank you for writing to us. Despite your customer'€™s complaint, we trust that their trip was otherwise successful and enjoyable, and we hope that they will not be deterred from booking with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

hoppa Care Team Executive

Contacted Sunshine and had to follow up with another complaint, as we are not disputing that the car wasn't there, the complaint is that he had the wrong name so wouldn't take us.

I've also just emailed the hotel to see if the can assist, either via the staff member that was outside at the time or from use of the CCTV available.

Also Sunshine is a member of ABTA, plus we paid for the holiday via credit card, so guessing we might have some comeback through section 75, but would ABTA assist?
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No as you need to prove they breached the contract, they say they didn't you say they did so as you can see it's a your word against theirs situation. But as they have sent GPS proof they have the upper hand, you need something to counter this.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    No as you need to prove they breached the contract, they say they didn't you say they did so as you can see it's a your word against theirs situation. But as they have sent GPS proof they have the upper hand, you need something to counter this.

I can see where you're coming from Bris, but i've never disputed that they car wasn't there. So the fact they sent the GPS proof I don't see as relevant. Im disputing the driver had the wrong name so wouldn't take us.

Waiting for the hotel to get back in touch with me, hopefully they may be able to assist in confirming we were there in plenty of time.

Apart from that, all we have is some photos taken of the front of the hotel which we're all date and time stamped for 1900hrs on that evening.
  • Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    I can see where you're coming from Bris, but i've never disputed that they car wasn't there. So the fact they sent the GPS proof I don't see as relevant. Im disputing the driver had the wrong name so wouldn't take us.

Waiting for the hotel to get back in touch with me, hopefully they may be able to assist in confirming we were there in plenty of time.

Apart from that, all we have is some photos taken of the front of the hotel which we're all date and time stamped for 1900hrs on that evening.

If you've used a digital camera how do you prove the time and date is correct?
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Fat_Walt wrote: »
    If you've used a digital camera how do you prove the time and date is correct?

Was taken on a mobile phone. Missus thought she would grab some more photos of the hotel whilst we were sitting outside waiting.

I know on a digital camera you can alter the time and date of the device for it to incorrectly show on the picture, guessing thats also possible for a mobile and knew it would be picked up on here.

Not much else I can add, just that if it does goto Small Claims Court, the balance of probabilities would play out.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It sounds like there may have been a second car that you missed. You said you left the hotel and waited outside from 18:45 and said there was a car waiting there however the GPS tracking they have provided shows that your car arrived at 19:05 so couldn't have been the same one that you were looking at at 18:45.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    It sounds like there may have been a second car that you missed. You said you left the hotel and waited outside from 18:45 and said there was a car waiting there however the GPS tracking they have provided shows that your car arrived at 19:05 so couldn't have been the same one that you were looking at at 18:45.

Nope, No second car arrived. The first car was definitely outside at 1845hrs when we walked outside with out bags, because as soon as we walked out the driver and member of staff looked at us and said "Williams?".

We then sat outside the front of the hotel. Only other vehicle that turned up was a minibus which collected a couple from Manchester we were chatting with.

When I went into reception to make the calls, the missus continued to sit outside incase a car did turn up.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nope, No second car arrived. The first car was definitely outside at 1845hrs when we walked outside with out bags, because as soon as we walked out the driver and member of staff looked at us and said "Williams?".

We then sat outside the front of the hotel. Only other vehicle that turned up was a minibus which collected a couple from Manchester we were chatting with.

When I went into reception to make the calls, the missus continued to sit outside incase a car did turn up.

But that doesn't fit in with the GPS log, something else must have happened. If the GPS logs over there are anything like over here there is no way to alter or amend them.

You obviously didn't see the car or you would have got in it but if the log shows it was there and the times it was there then it was there at those times. Is there maybe another entrance it could have waited by?

What time did the other driver leave? The one who was waiting for Williams?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure