Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :kisses3: thanks KC :D I'm giggling at the thought of you in my living room doing star jumps :rotfl: (actually, you'd best do them in the kitchen - living room is over the cellar and always feels like if you jump too hard you'll go straight through the floor!) I always do my star jumps in the kitchen - proper ground under there :D

We are indeed doing plenty of improvements - ones that should have been done years ago probably - I always remember you using the term 'rolling maintenance' which has definitely NOT been done much round here... :o Some things have, but plenty of things haven't!

Still, more papery decluttering done this morning :j and Mr Cheery is amassing a pile for when me and my mum go to the tip on Sunday :j Trying to think of things I can get my mum to help with - she's rather inclined to just sit about and be waited on when she visits and I'm in no mood to do that right now! :o :rotfl:

So, a mini list...

SATURDAY
    * put bread in machine
    * bloke coming to quote for plastering and roof repairs at 9.30
    * collect spades etc from nice old lady
    * hoover everywhere including attic
    * mum arriving 2pm ish
    * repair cafe with spades - possibly tea and cake in real cafe while we're there
    * dig up willow hedge?
    * lop down more lilac?
    * make some kind of tasty tea
    * possibly watch a film

SUNDAY
    * take new spades and giant roll of weed suppressant to allotment
    * possibly stay for a while and do some digging
    * quick lunch and cake, Mr Cheery's pal arriving to do musical things
    * trip to tip with garden stuff and other assorted rubbish

Might also plan some less energetic indoor things - painting the bathroom tiles, stripping paper off the walls etc.

And there's a load of stuff downstairs that she can help me lug upstairs - blankets and bedding etc out of the car - that'll make a difference to the living room.

Right, best get backside in order - got to go and view these houses and Mr Cheery appears to still be in bed!
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG - a list :j

Ya know how I lurve a good list!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's me pootling off to your kitchen then, on tippy toes rather than jumping :T

Ah yes, that term "rolling maintenance". I remember quoting the surveyor I used when I bought this house. Oh how we laughed :D But I'm finding out all over again that actually you really do need to do something of that sort, even with a fairly small sort of 3 bedder like this one. Sad but true.

Never mind. There's a list :T Does your mum know quite how much stuff she's going to be doing? :rotfl: She might rather like it tho :)

Hope your viewings are going well this afternoon!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    My mum's been told she'll have to get stuck in :D Not sure she realises quite how much :D

Tooth has behaved admirably :j Not bled at all since I took the pack thing out when I got home from the dentist :j :j I've had tea (the first one through a straw :o ), yogurt, rice pudding, and just now potato cakes and poached egg :D

Houses were.... well! One was rather nondescript, ok and had 5 bedrooms but really not very exciting. Although to be fair maybe it would have been more exciting had we not gone to it straight from a giant reposessed 6 bedroom falling down mansion which we utterly adored :j :rotfl: I mean, it had a games room and everything :rotfl:

Someone had bought it a few years ago, turned the outbuildings into separate detached houses and sold them off, then tried and failed to get planning permission for several other things (another house in the garden, turning it into a B&B). Done quite a lot of weird things - there's now 4? 5? bathrooms in it (!) some with odd space age jacuzzi shower things, and they've bricked up the original front door (Really badly) to extend the kitchen. But then in the living room there were actual plants growing INSIDE the window :rotfl:

Definitely a *project*. Utterly adored it. And it's been repossessed so the bank is open to offers and likely to just accept whatever they can get for it.

Sadly it's in the same place as last week's lot, which is rather a grim place to live... Lots of decisions to make...

Tea first though.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Ooh that is a lot of decisions! Good luck with it all - and don't work too hard tonight, with that busy weekend coming up :)
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Cheery

Hope your tooth/hole in your mouth is still behaving for you. That house sounds like something I would go for. I don't think I could ever buy a house that you could just walk into and unpack. We seem to be drawn to houses that need work. Which doesn't help with finances though! Or living in a mess constantly. :(

Have you seen any serious contenders yet?

When I was in primary school a friend of mine had her house built (her dad worked for a huge building company) Her dad had a games room with a full size snooker table, dart board leather sofas and a bar in the corner with actual working beer pumps :eek: It was a proper man cave and we were amazed by it as kids!!!
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    We saw one on the internet last week with a proper pub inside :D It was great :D

Stepping back a little from the giant list. Just had a complete meltdown in the car (on my own) after everything got All Too Much :o One too many things in the last few weeks, face aches, not eaten much in the way of proper food, I yelled at Mr Cheery :o and wasn't very nice :o He forgot he was meant to be somewhere else, I had to go and do something on my own that we were meant to do together, I got lost, dumped him at friend's house, stomped round Home Bargains looking for a new kitchen bin (why was that important right now?!) and eventually ended up bawling in the car :o

Had a good half an hour moan/cry at a lovely Al Anon pal who told me to just STOP doing everything (or even anything) for tonight, just eat something nutritious, have a bath or something, and go to sleep. Wisely suggested I tell my mum I'm not well and rearrange, and tell the allotment people I can't run about tomorrow.

Don't feel capable of making those decisions or having those conversations tonight so I'm just going to eat, go and pick up Mr Cheery (and try not to yell at him again :o ) and try to have a decent sleep.

Blah blah blah!

Maybe I'm not superwoman after all :o :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Cheery have a dodgy hug to make you smile :grouphug:

I agree with AlAnon person. Just write off tonight, cwtch up on the settee with a cup of tea and try not to think of anything.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Oh Cheery! Your pal definitely gave you good advice, I hope the evening ended in a peaceful way :coffee: there's camomile in that mug, by the way.

And yep, you're not Superwoman! Nor are the rest of us, I'll have you know - its annoying, isn't it :rotfl:

It really might be as well to take the weekend off ...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks guys :kisses3:

It is indeed most vexing that none of us are superwoman :rotfl: Mind you, I'm sure it'd get most tedious being able to do everything all the time :rotfl: And even if you WERE superwoman, if other people weren't they'd keep asking you to do stuff and I'm sure it'd get a bit tiresome :rotfl:

Probably a good job we're pretty ordinary actually :D

Had another cry at Mr Cheery last night, who ran me a bath then bundled me into bed. Slept really well and just woke up really hungry and with NO PAIN in face for what feels like first time in weeks :j :j

Roofer coming in half an hour so best get dressed.

I'm sure it's more sensible to tell my mum not to come but I'm not going to :o Not seen her for ages and if she doesn't come this weekend we'll just have to find another one.

While I was in the bath Mr Cheery did Loads of tidying to everyhere looks a bit more civilised now, which helps :j Also managed to get most stuff into the bin so only garden needs to go to the tip - and that can wait.

Might get mum to help me put up a fence - I'm happy whizzing to the tip on my own but probably need help fencing and I'm less likely to shout at her than Mr Cheery! :o :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure