PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hello all

Just a quickie, but have just been reading the paper and Mick Jaggar's first great grandchild is called Ezra, and she is a little girl!! Lyn, Zebra seems to be in good company, although I hadn't realised it was a unisex name.

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I just lost a massive post, sorry!!! Basic, lovely weekend, Ezra eating finger foods and loving the fresh from the garden produce, we got him a cot and high chair for here and Mum and Dad had more sleep this weekend than since they had him, good stuff!!!

FTM hope your hair colour tones down to how you like it, Sams room sounds fab!!!

HOGLET glad Alfie is OK now

CANDLELIGHT Ezra is a little girl??? never heard that before Esme yes but Ezra no!!!

Cooler here today and much nicer, found a bargain in Robert Dyas this morning - a George Forman 2 person grill for £14,99. No more oven on or hovering over the hob in all this heat Hoorah!!!
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good afternoon all,

Slightly cooler here, but not much. Slept better last night though so that is something.

LYN, Yes definately Ezra, but there she is a pop star's great granddaughter. Her name is Ezra Key !!. So pleased you had a lovely weekend, and I can remember so well, even after all these years, how grateful you are to have a good night's sleep when you have a baby.

FTM I have used the silver shampoo, it is actually purple isn't it? It does tone down the yellow that you sometime get when you have dyed blonde hair. I hope it has worked for you, otherwise you will be a recluse for a couple of weeks:) Did you win the pastry forks?

Hoglet, pleased Alfie is OK although it sounds as though he hasn't learned and might still be fraternising with the culprit.

Charlies Aunt are you OK?

We had a good weekend, DGD and boyfriend came for lunch on Saturday and stayed until almost 5, and on Sunday popped up to see DD to have a chat and a coffee and then came home, had lunch and later Himself watched the Grand Prix. There hasn't been a great deal of cooking here because of the heat, but I am doing steak and chips tonight. I am seriously thinking of buying a grill like Lyn has just bought, because at the moment I feel I am melting in the kitchen.

Take care everyone and much love

Candlelightx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    FTM I meant to say Sam's room sounds lovely and has inspired me to change our's a little. I already have new duvet covers, but at the moment we don't have a duvet on the bed because it is too warm.

I thought it would be nice to change the pictures, so I am looking for new ones. The curtains and duvet co-ordinate so I don't need to worry about that, I just need a few personal touches.

I am a bit naughty because I love nice bed linen so if I see any in the sales I try to buy them.

I am sure Sam is thrilled with his new look.

Candlelightx
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening ladies hope your all enjoying the cooler weather..and i really hope no-one got flooded..

Well hair crisis averted..have used the touch of silver shampoo and wow it worked..i am no longer a buttercup(hubbys new nickname for me)..but it is still very light blonde..thank goodness it worked..feel much better now and i will be leaving the house this week lol..

Candlelight..o so glad to have inspired you..i love just moving things around and adding a few splashes of colour..Sam loves his room..its all organized on the shelves with his games and dvd's..my bedroom is next..i have a beautiful red feature wall and cream on the others..i have cream curtains with red flowers on them and matching lampshade..i do have a cream duvet cover and one with big red poppies on it..i alternate them..i want some nice flowery wallpaper samples so i can frame them in an ascending pattern..you know start with 1 then go up 2 then 3 and so on and so forth..my chinese lady is amazing now she is dry...

MLW..o i love giving babies first tastes of things..the little faces they pull are so cute...its good he is having fresh foods now at this age..he will be used to it and grow up with it...loving he slept well at oma's..

Well today we have actually had a cooked meal not salad..we loved it..hubby's new pond pump is in and working well..and he loves his strimmer..bless him he was surprised when it turned up...

We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the dragonflies..and today we had 3..yes..we love watching them fly so beautiful..Fern is going to be a butterfly scientist(her words)..she found one of the path and picked it up and was showing Iris its wings and antenna..she put it on the bush and then looked it up..it was a Comma..bless her..

I bought some Binca for the girls to practice sewing with..it reminds me off school sewing lesson's..

I didn't win the pastry forks..nevermind..will keep looking..
    Right i am going to go sit in the garden for a bit and have a cuppa...
    love to you all..
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello all

Long time no speak. Can't believe Ezra is on the finger foods :eek:

We are on holiday -last week we rented an amazing house in. Italy, and this week we are touring Slovenia. We are currently in lake bled, which is perfectly stunning. We are not getting the amazing weather that you have back in the UK, but it is warm and there is sun. It is probably better for the activities we are doing. Last Saturday we were crossing the lagoon in venice in a water bus with the most incredible storm going on around us. Many were scared but I thought it was thrilling - was like a film :D. And boats float, don't they? It's what they do. DD was flying home, but she got out safely after a two hour delay.

In true OS style we have just enjoyed a meal i our apartment of cold meat, cheese and bread (for the fellas, I have given bread up). Cycled around the place today - sore buttocks :p
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry am back..i have just been informed by hubby we are going to wickes tomorrow to look at new kitchen worktop..o joy..so whilst i am there i will get wallpaper samples lol..

VJ'S mum..o how cool was that boat trip..and i can picture the meal sounds just delish..simple meals are the best..enjoy

ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all. As always I'm very impressed with the amount of activity going on amongst you all, especially when it is so hot and sticky.
    I hope you all managed to avoid the dreadful storms and flooding today. I saw footage of a railway station where one poor man was up to his knees in water!

The yellow tomatoes are finally ripening which I'm excited about and I realised that my dozens of little green tomatoes weren't getting enough sunlight due to the massive amount of leaves so I had a major thinning out session earlier. My lettuce is thriving and the courgette plant looks like it may have quite a bit of fruit although the growths are ball shaped rather than courgette shaped which surprised me.

I used up quite a bit of the rhubarb last night for a crumble (it was a wet blustery day so we needed some comfort food :)). I've fed the remainder today and hope to have a spurt of regrowth soon.

FTM - dragonflies - how wonderful. I have a much cherished dragonfly brooch which a great aunt in Canada made for my 21st. She made jewellery in her spare time. It's very fine and delicate and comes out whenever I have an excuse to wear it. I've seen many dragonflies in the US and Canada but never here. I think Scotland may be too cool for such creatures!

I'm hoping to have a more organised relaxing week than recently. So far, so good however who knows what the coming days will bring?!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning SM there is a round courgette I believe called Eight Ball which we've grown before and they taste and cook exactly like the long ones. They are much easier to serve with a stuffing though as it's a better shape to hollow out!!!
  • pondskater_2
    pondskater_2 Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    ..........I've seen many dragonflies in the US and Canada but never here. I think Scotland may be too cool for such creatures!

Ooh scottishminnie, hubby and I were walking around Lanark Loch last week and there were loads of brilliant blue dragonflies, so beautiful!
    Haters are gonna hate - you're not obliged to participate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport