Options

Comments

• andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 May 2018 at 10:24AM
    Options
    bigfer wrote: »
    has anyone received credit back from green star energy on their future energy accounts?

Still no final bill, but the credit I am due is fair enough so I'm past caring.
  • Dendenden
    Dendenden Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone know who the administrator for Future is?
    In my case I had switched supplier before Future went bust and was waiting on a final bill...which never materialised. Was owed money.
    Green star have not been passed any details for my old Future account and suggest I should contact them.
    Many thanks
  • jevoudrais
    jevoudrais Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Did you pay by direct debit ? can you not pull the direct debits back through your bank ?
  • andrewmp
    Options
    Dendenden wrote: »
    In my case I had switched supplier before Future went bust and was waiting on a final bill...which never materialised. Was owed money.
    Green star have not been passed any details for my old Future account and suggest I should contact them.
    Many thanks

Same situation I was in. Green Star (finally) contacted Future Energy and sorted it out. I did asked ofgem to intervene and they said they would contact them on my behalf.
  • Dendenden
    Dendenden Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks ... How did you get Ofgem involved?
    Did you persuade green star to contact futures administrators or did Ofgem do that for you?
    Cheers
  • andrewmp
    Options
    Thanks ... How did you get Ofgem involved?
    Did you persuade green star to contact futures administrators or did Ofgem do that for you?
    Cheers

Green Star said they were contact them. Then I heard nothing, so I emailed ofgem (ConsumerAffairs@ofgem.gov.uk) who replied with:

Thank you for your email

I would be more than happy to email Green Star to escalate this matter, as your information should have been forwarded to them.

I would be grateful for the following:

- Your permission to contact Green Star;

- Confirmation of your account number;

- address details and phone number;

Kind regards

Then I finally heard back from Green Star, so I'm guessing ofsted kicked them into action but I can't be sure.
  • bigfer
    bigfer Posts: 319 Forumite
    Options
    managed to phone green star on monday. after nearly an hour i was assured by CS that they had found my account and if i rang back in an hour with bank details and referenced my postcode they would refund me.......decided to give them a couple of days.
    rang this afternoon......who? sorry we have no details......but maybe in a couple of weeks.......
    what a shower of $hyt3, will be contacting ofgem now. and i thought scottish power were the pits.........this country.....
  • jevoudrais
    jevoudrais Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks
    Hi can't you go to your bank and under the direct debit guarantee request that they pull back every direct debit you you paid to Future ?
  • andrewmp
    Options
    jevoudrais wrote: »
    Hi can't you go to your bank and under the direct debit guarantee request that they pull back every direct debit you you paid to Future ?

I don't think it works like that.
  • bigfer
    bigfer Posts: 319 Forumite
    Options
    just a quick update on my refund back via greenstarenergy. i decided to email ofgem as suggested above. they declined to intervene (spineless waste of skin), however greenstar rang me 5th may and said my refund would be with me within 7 working days.....and it was.....completely the wrong amount......but over 200 quid in my favour!! i even sent them the final bill from future energy to them on two previous occasions.

it just goes to show, these energy companies are either so clueless they go out of business or are having our eyes out to such an extent they can write off over 200 quid on a billing error......utter shambles.

so lesson learned, i will now underestimate my meter readings, such that i owe them and then settle up when i change supplier.

i now have the moral dilemma of returning the overpayment......hahahahahahahahahaha.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure