Viagogo Invalid Tickets

Options
alexholmes93
alexholmes93 Posts: 4 Newbie
Having purchased standing tickets from Viagogo for a concert taking place at the end of the month, I noticed at a later date that the official ticket merchant had extra tickets available (at the time of purchasing from Viagogo the standing tickets were sold out). I noticed an information box on the official website stating that:

"We are doing our best to keep tickets for this event out of the hands of secondary ticket sellers and in the hands of the fans. The ticket purchaser's name will be printed on all tickets. The named attendee must be in attendance at the event and may have their ID checked against their order. Name changes will not be permitted. Tickets suspected of being offered on resale marketplaces will be cancelled immediately."

A further note also made clear that" PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL STANDING TICKET WILL HAVE NAMES ON TICKETS AND ID's WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY."

This information was not provided by Viagogo when purchasing these standing tickets and, indeed, the ticket I was provided was in someone else's name. Additionally, Viagogo's FAQ states that "in some instances the original purchaser's name may be printed on your tickets. The tickets are valid. Your name does not need to match the name printed on the ticket to gain entry to the event." Furthermore, a number of standing tickets are still available on the Viagogo website.

Regardless of what Viagogo says, the promoter has declared these tickets invalid and will not be accepted at the venue.

I have emailed Viagogo and used the MSE Revolver website to send the complaint. Is there anything else that I should be doing at this time to get a full refund?

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Other posters on here have reported that they have got most of their money back when refused entry. Until that happens it is unlikely you will get anything.
  • alexholmes93
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Other posters on here have reported that they have got most of their money back when refused entry. Until that happens it is unlikely you will get anything.

Is there any point in calling my bank to request a chargeback, as I have now purchased legitimate tickets from the official vendor so wouldn't even try and get in with the Viagogo tickets?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Is there any point in calling my bank to request a chargeback, as I have now purchased legitimate tickets from the official vendor so wouldn't even try and get in with the Viagogo tickets?

You can try but I wouldn't hold out much hope. Viagogo will resist any chargeback and there is no legal right to cancel. Tickets like this are specifically exempted from consumer legislation. Not only that Viagogo are foreign based touts.

They are no different than people who hang around outside venues muttering tickets at every person who goes past them.
  • Fettucinisue
    Options
    Hi - after a year of trying to get my money back regarding the purchase of 2 Ed tickets at Cardiff and involving the Financial Ombudsman, the Ombudsman telephoned me last Friday to advise that my credit card company have agreed to do a chargeback to Viagogo. The concert is due to take place next Friday (22nd June). Obviously tickets of some type are due to arrive at my house - should I refuse to sign for them, or, should I email Viagogo now to tell them NOT to issue tickets as a chargeback is underway?? Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure