PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 11th March 2018

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Dry here atm but rain due later I think I have stripped the beds and got them on a hot wash I will try to hang them out for a while.

We had the most delicious meal last night lots of lovely tapas which kept coming and coming and a tasty bottle of wine or two :j it was a very pleasant evening.

Going to walk round and see my mum later on with a card and some flowers, she enjoyed getting out for the night too.

Today will be a restful day with just general pottering round and maybe a film this afternoon.

Have good days all xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

Happy Mothers Day to all of you lovely mums on here and especially to my adopted mum Jackie hope everyone is spoilt rotten. :happylove

Called the hospital this morning but nothing really to report the woman who answered was extremely "off" I think I must have rudely interrupted her chewing a wasp :mad: anyway all she would say is Holly is OK whatever that might mean. Anyway I have sorted a book out for her from Amazon so she should get that tomorrow at least she will know we are thinking about her.

NMLC its not too late Ill add you today then send tomorrow.

Gers Im glad your weekend went so well I bet your mum is soo grateful for all the running around you have done. Time for a chilled evening now :A

silver_oldie hope it goes OK with mum today

No real plans today mum didn't want to go out for lunch as its too busy everywhere for her so spoke to her this morning and she actually sounded quite pleased with her pressys ...just some face creams and hand creams ...the lacura brand from Aldi.

Sunday brunch on now then I will crack on with some shopping and a wander out in this currently lovely weather. Food last night was my chicken tikka curry with nan bread and some spicy onions :) Tonight I am having some Christmas ham with veg and new pots.

Right best get on have a lovely day all:A
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all
    Usual Sunday, Roast of the day is pork, roast potatoes and parsnips, honey carrots, greens and gravy.
    Still feeling meh this morning, so I will wish everyone a Happy Day whether you're a Mum or not.
    Take care and hugs all round, extras to Holly.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 11 March 2018 at 12:45PM
    Morning all
    Usual Sunday, Roast of the day is pork, roast potatoes and parsnips, honey carrots, greens and gravy.
    Still feeling meh this morning, so I will wish everyone a Happy Day whether you're a Mum or not.
    Take care and hugs all round, extras to Holly.

oi you ...have a weird hug :grouphug:. I miss your funny posts hope all is OK xx

Just had a text from Holly ....She said she is really struggling with the whole situation and what has happened. she has been really upset this morning and a nurse came to check on her stayed for 5 mins and said she would be back but didnt bother. Maybe she had to get back to her wasp chewing :mad:

Its so awful the poor love is really going through it. hoping they allow her home soon so that she can get comfort from her friends and family.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Well bum, bum and bum again. We are having roast lamb today and I like yorkshires with it so I'd just made the batter and dripped some oil into my patty pan when my OH came into the kitchen and pointed out helpfully that there are some in the freezer. There will be even more because I always do a double quantity. But I had only 4 eggs left and I've used 2 up. Not very OS.

But I got a free sachet of clarins face cream in the newspaper. And the sun's come out.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    But I got a free sachet of clarins face cream in the newspaper. And the sun's come out.[/QUOTE]

Thats the way AOD enjoy the small things!
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nelski wrote: »

silver_oldie hope it goes OK with mum today

She did talk, I took some fresh cream cakes, she 'managed' to eat them and then complained they were greasy. Mine was lovely.
    A thank you would have been nice but didn't really expect it.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Afternoon all!
    Hope Holly's doing ok.
    I had a lovely evening out last night, although the food and company was very good, they were really pumping the music in there - it was almost too loud to hear each other! We must be getting old!

I got very frustrated by the downstairs neighbours. They seemed to be having some sort of gathering, that was still going on when I woke at 1am for a glass of water, then they were still at it and woke me up at 7am! Luckily, I fall asleep to a documentary or something on my ipad, but I was annoyed to be woken by them. It's not the first time it's happened, since they moved in around xmas time. The noise only just stopped about 12:45, which is ridiculous. I decided to make the first stage of a formal complaint to the council, so just sent them an email. I don't want to cause trouble at this stage, but I think they need to be aware that they are impacting on people.

I am off out to the cinema in a bit. I've been meaning to see 'The Greatest Showman' for weeks and weeks, but never quite got around to it. Intended to do the 1pm showing, but it was fully booked online! I was then able to get one of the last tickets for the 3:30 show instead. I find booking online and paying, actually makes me go! The cinema is only a 10-12 minute drive, but the motivation to get up and out on the weekends can be hard for me sometimes!

Tea tonight will be chicken and chips, although might have a little treat at the cinema! Will see how I feel when I get there.

Happy mothers day to the mummy's amongst you! I sent mine a card and some flowers via interflora, which have arrived safely, and shall speak to her on the phone this evening. Have a good Sunday all!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 March 2018 at 2:46PM
    Afternoon all,
    Just had a text from Holly ....She said she is really struggling with the whole situation and what has happened. she has been really upset this morning and a nurse came to check on her stayed for 5 mins and said she would be back but didnt bother. Maybe she had to get back to her wasp chewing
    Its an awkward situation really, she is upset because she is being held against her will but the more upset she is, the worse they will assess her mental health i'm assuming. However, i dont know how the system works so its a guess really. Holly thinking of you.

Prodigal has his doctors appointment tomorrow, and as much as id like to be there i'm not going. Firstly i am not going to sit there another hour waiting for him not to show up and secondly, its childcare day. It was hard to arrange the first time. He says he is having blackouts but he also said he'd had a paracetamol overdose months back, despite having tests in the hospital, none was found in his system.... i dont know what to think.

Mothers day.... hope your all having a good one. Ive heard from 4 of my 5 'kids' and ive been thoroughly spoiled by Youngest and The Blonde One. Its nice to feel appreciated.

Grump is ill, he was ill when he came back from work on Friday, fine yesterday whilst we were out and now is ill again. I'm not saying he is swinging the lead but he is definately worse when theres nothing decent to watch on telly or he's got nothing to do.

Sorted his Mothers memorial plaque yesterday and gave it a bit of a clean. Went to the garden centre to get some artificial flowers. Didnt get as far as to go to the other crematorium to clean my daughters headstone...To be honest i couldnt face it. It is coming up to her birthday soon and i always struggle round this time of year.

Nelski I am so pleased to hear that your Mum was happy with her gifts.

Onwards and forwards but thinking of all of us who are missing our Mums this Mothers day as they are no longer with us.

have a great day all.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Morning everyone
    Nice and sunny here today and feels a bit milder.
    Spent the morning with my dad as usual on a Sunday - said to my mam to have coffee after church so I was there a bit longer than usual. it made my mam happy as she got a longer break from him. Every Sunday morning my dad sends an email to my eldest daughter who is at uni in Leeds - he talks and I type. It's often quite a ramble as he has dementia, but I write it as he says it....this morning he was telling her about how he fell and broke his arm when he was a little boy and about all the sweets he got for his birthday last week. He always ends with ....'well it won't be long till I see you'
    When I came home on Friday I had a pink envelope lying on the mat which was well chewed on one corner....by biggest cat I assumed....inside was my card from eldest DD and a packet of mini eggs...thankfully unchewed as they are my favourites.
    Well going to prepare tea ready for later and then have a nice read of my Sunday Times. Hope everyone has a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure