Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    All three of ours left home in dramatic fashions

Youngest Errant son had an interview over half term, finished his final uni assignments and then within 5 weeks him and 2 car loads of stuff went north -apart from collecting or depositing more of his stuff he has only been back for Christmas/new year, funerals (and possibly weddings)

middle Eldest son went off on the train to do his 12 week basic training down south but its was still his home as he lived on bases.

Eldest child the day after she was 18 she moved in with m-I-l - she was at 6th form at the time and this was within yards of where m-I-l lived so we hoped it would solve some of the schooling issues we were having, it didn't, M-I-L had finally been diagnosed so we thought having one of us living with her would at least mean that we had someone watching her - Eldest child was so wild though she was just as much of a problem there as she was at home. She did though give M-I_l something else to focus on and she lasted at home for 2 months.
    Eldest child continued to live there as it took us 4 months to rehome m-I-ls dogs and then she went off to uni mid September and fully fledged.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    sarahskint wrote: »
    looks like they all should except for the lavender one - I have a list all written out for Tesco so I plan on going at some point today!

I posted that it works around 1am. My Tesco did not have lavender anyway.
  • mhoc
    altojack wrote: »
    hahaha, stripping and overhauling on hold until he takes the rest of what he wants from his room. It's a large room but he always seemed to spread himself and belongings around the floor, not lacking in storage space so why the floor. It's a male thing I think :rotfl:

You might have to put a time limit on this, then start boxing things up but leave the boxes in the room. Then when nothing happens move the boxes into the loft or garage.

Yes its a male thing - eldest son at one time had his belongings spread over 2 rooms at 2 bases, his GFs flat plus stuff here in the loft, under the bed, wardrobe and bookcases in the boys room plus stuff in the back of his car - it was a nightmare if he wanted to find specific thing eg looking for a waistcoat to go to someones wedding ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    altojack wrote: »
    It's scary isn't it? Mine is just down the road so I'm not exactly 100% safe. And they don't have a washing machine :eek: I may have to look out for cheap Ariel liquid or tablets, powder even :rotfl: I do not like those plastic thingies though :rotfl:

Yes, hide your posh laundry plastic thingies and just put supermarket basics in the cupboard - they will always show up with their washing and no liquids or conditioners.

This will take some getting used to - they will randomly show up to do their washing, on days when you think everything is quiet and you can do some stuff just for yourself ...
  • Has anyone else's bonus wheel disappeared on Candy?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    gosh you are about early...I thought you weren't in at work today early? but thanks for testing.
    I Sent DH to work 20mins earlier than usual to test, but I also need him to do a reckie as I have a HD later..!!
    Im sitting by the phone waiting for any info from him

No not at work today but I was awake anyway and thought I might actually do a c&c myself this afternoon. :D. Results due in a couple of mins.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    No not at work today but I was awake anyway and thought I might actually do a c&c myself this afternoon. :D. Results due in a couple of mins.

Fingers crossed x
  • pacifica9
    Good to go guys.

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £5.00 £1.00
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Good to go guys.

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £5.00 £1.00

jolly good thanks again...

I have HD later I wonder how many I will get as my store also has them in...DH said there were 3 on the shelf but they may have them out in the store room?
  • pacifica9
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    jolly good thanks again...

I have HD later I wonder how many I will get as my store also has them in...DH said there were 3 on the shelf but they may have them out in the store room?

There were about 7 Sharpies in stock. I bought one to test. They have six hours to find the rest. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure