PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Have you actually had that phone interview yet? - or it's just been put in your diary as arranged and you're still waiting to actually have it?

Have had it and will know by the end of the week, so my fingers are crossed. Not entirely optimistic, since it emerged during the interview that they wanted someone who would also be able to cover at an additional branch. The additional branch is an hours commute each way there by car. I wouldn't want to do that even if I could. The branch I've applied for is 5 minutes by car, 25 minutes on foot. They want a definite 1 day a week with extra cover as and when. From what I've heard of the branch it'll actually be 2 or 3 days a week, with a few full time weeks during the year, in any case, I'd be happy regardless. Not just about the money, but after 12 months doing it I'd be an experienced medical receptionist and jobs in that are everywhere.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Fingers crossed SS, I hope you get the job and it's what you want.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Yes SS I also am crossing my fingers for you!

The laundry room cabinets and ceiling have received their first coat of paint making it look so clean. Tomorrow I will buy new hinges for them because they have been painted over too many times and look manky. We are waiting for an estimate for moving the hot water heater so my pantry can be built. Years ago we removed the central heating/AC unit and there is a nice space if I can afford to move the other too.

My workman is fast and excellent. Feeling blessed.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Islandmaid. Mmmm. We have discussed an annexe. Not possible on this house but maybe somewhere else. Something in me is not too keen but don't know why. I want to be close and accessible but not too close I'm very independent and pretty private and am not ready to give that up.

We'll see.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Have shifted all our furniture and are now living impossibly. Hopefully less than a week like this.
    My workman is fast and excellent. Feeling blessed.

Send him here when you're done with him! (Don't worry Grrenbee, I'll pass him on after)
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Softstuff wrote: »
    Send him here when you're done with him! (Don't worry Grrenbee, I'll pass him on after)

:D

Hope you have a productive week...
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Softstuff owls dont eat it cooked lol so they dont care. It's very tough raw.
    Monna I think you need to move a wee bit further away - if you were in a granny flat then you'd quickly turn into a 24 hr a day domestic help/general maid/nursery nurse. I think there is a danger of that anyway.
    Sorry I sound quite rude today, snot meant it's just early and I hate early!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 9:38AM
    Options
    Monna - just had a look at properties in your area on t'internet - you wer'n't wrong about a lottery win were you! Did see there are some new builds going on though. There were also some nice looking little bungalows but they were part of sheltered accommodation and had a charge of £100pm for facilities :( Do hope you and your family can find something to suit you all.
    Softstuff - you're leaving me totally breathless! Don't know how you manage all that energy I've been in CBA mode for too long!
    Forgot to add - if they offer you the job would it be worth you taking it to get the experience while you look for something else??
    Hester - hoping you and L&M can find a good way forward
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Mila,

Think we'll take turns at your workman.

Don't suppose he fancies a holiday break in Wales? There's some nice scenery here...
  • FairyPrincessk
    Options
    Morning all,

Just popping in on a break. Work is very frantic at the moment. I'm looking forward to my walk this afternoon. Leftover spag bol from the freezer for lunch and a new salmon and leek recipe for tea.

Hugs to all who need them.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport