Halifax and BOS closing my accounts

14567810»

Comments

• tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    The note on mine when they closed mine at the start of last year was put on by the account review team and it said that with three asterisks at each side at the start of the note. When I looked at the note in its box from the customer insight printouts I noticed the organisational unit that put the note on was Personal Lending Decisions. The account review team sits inside that department which told me my closures were to do with credit scoring criteria no longer being met putting me outside the risk etc. This was all down to opening over 40 accounts in the same month taking advantage of the Yorkshire Bank unlimited switching offer that backfired with LBG.

So it definitely doesn't mention account review team? You could wait to see if HBOS provides this note from the customer insight system which should say the same thing as the Lloyds note to find out the organisational unit that put it on. If not then you could contact them and ask for it.

Definitely nothing on account review team so will wait till HBOS stuff comes in and phone Lloyds as necessary. The only info re my account closures is the bit I put in my first post from today which was in the Customer Notes printouts.

In the Customer insight prints, on the summary page there is a section saying 'customer consent' which says 'customer not given consent to view additional information'. Maybe if the reason for closing my accounts is say AML related - rather than say credit decision / risk - then legally they can't show me info / pages on Customer Insight that relate to my accounts being closed?
  • KJSmith
    KJSmith Posts: 152 Forumite
    tg99 wrote: »
    In the Customer insight prints, on the summary page there is a section saying 'customer consent' which says 'customer not given consent to view additional information'. Maybe if the reason for closing my accounts is say AML related - rather than say credit decision / risk - then legally they can't show me info / pages on Customer Insight that relate to my accounts being closed?

Nope. That consent relates to viewing data that is held under a different entity within Lloyds Banking Group under the Lloyds Bank brand e.g. Lloyds Bank International.
  • tg99
    So now received the DSAR info from HBOS:

- same incorrect date moved to address and entry into Additional Monitoring Group as for Lloyds DSAR noted above

- this time under customer insights it does have the individual A4 pages for each contact including those on 2.2.16 when my accounts were put on notice for closure. These pages state:

Organisational unit = Andover HBOS4 (119657)
    Medium = letter
    Direction = from customer/client (though I think this is an error as should be To customer/client)
    Description = not known

Details= mail in cheque account enquiry. Account pended for 60 days following a central review. Account to be closed on 4/4/16. Account to operate as normal until closure date. Therefore credits and debits as normal. INTERNAL USE ONLY please email products AML & Sanctions Inbox for all forced account closure enquiries. REF ACU/HR/mw
    (Interestingly there was a summary page of the details from the contact notes and in this section the text following internal use only was blacked out but I could see from length of text etc that what was blacked out was the identical comment as above.)

- same details as in Lloyds DSAR customer insight pages for the account closures on 4.4.16

- more complete info on the log of my customer complaint re closures as it shows the email back from the person who appears to have taken decision to close it in response to the email she received from the complaints person asking if she was able to overturn it. Essentially email just a one liner saying won't overturn but it's come from an Assistant Manager in High Risk Decisioning department / Retail Fraud & Financial Crime / Retail Business Risk / LBG. As it gives her name perhaps I will call her but prob wouldn't get through and almost certainly would not tell me anything.

- did not get pages on credit searches like I did with Lloyds DSAR and also nothing on BM Savings account was included

- nothing particularly insightful from the Iweb Sharedealing section though confirmed all the AML checks fine and passed including those not long before and subsequent to 2.2.16 (the checks are done by a department in HBOS as listed on my Noddle credit report). In the Restrictions settings (account was restricted in May 2016 following LBG decision to close my bank accounts a few months earlier), it has two drop down menus, one for Restrictions Available and one for All Restrictions for this Account. Because it's only a print out I can only see the first few lines in each as you have to scroll down but in the second menu all the ones I can see are June 2016 and are code DNDF description HBOS DRIP payment failure refer to credit control Insert Narrative refer to financial crime. Not sure what this is related to as not had dividends set up to be reinvested (think this might be what the DRIP refers to ie dividend reinvestment plan) and haven't had any payment failures etc. All I have is just a range of standard unit trusts / OEICs with Iweb, nothing unusual or suspicious.
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone ever had Birmingham Midshires accounts closed by HBOS at the same time?
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • tg99
    Chadsman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had Birmingham Midshires accounts closed by HBOS at the same time?

From the LBG account closures I've read about / experienced myself, when they close your Lloyds/Halifax/BOS account they also close all other accounts under LBG. Hence as Birm Mid is part of BOS then that will likely be closed albeit that they took another few months to issue me with my BM Savings and IWeb closure letters (which is why I do not think my blanket closure of all LBG products stemmed from these two brands).
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    tg99 wrote: »
    From the LBG account closures I've read about / experienced myself, when they close your Lloyds/Halifax/BOS account they also close all other accounts under LBG. Hence as Birm Mid is part of BOS then that will likely be closed albeit that they took another few months to issue me with my BM Savings and IWeb closure letters (which is why I do not think my blanket closure of all LBG products stemmed from these two brands).

So are all accounts closed now with all LBG brands? When you mention the restrictions settings above is that for a particular account/brand that is closed or still open?
  • tg99
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    So are all accounts closed now with all LBG brands? When you mention the restrictions settings above is that for a particular account/brand that is closed or still open?

All closed except iWeb Sharedealing account as with that one they give you one months notice and say can either sell investments for cash or transfer to another provider but in reality they don't enforce the one month notice and essentially will remain open until I sell or transfer away my existing holdings (which in no rush / no intention to do as no platform fee!). So account is restricted which means can't buy anything new and can't deal online have to phone up. The restriction settings I noted above were for the iWeb account.
  • tg99
    Did try and get through to the High Risk Decisioning department but could only get as far as leaving a message for the assistant manager person named in the DSAR info....and then within an hour got call from the complaints manager who dealt with my original complaint saying that (as I thought) they could not speak to me but in any case they are effectively a messenger for the decision and not the actual person who made it.

Anyhow, now filed complaints with FOS but a pretty long estimated timescale of c8 months (not that it really matters given there is pretty much zero chance of me being successful).

On the plus side, HBOS credited me £120 because their DSAR team missed out the Birmingham Midshires info when compiling my data pack such that is is now to follow but outside the 40 day deadline.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Was it all worth it?
  • tg99
    So, heard back surprisingly quickly from the FOS. As expected, they have not been able to get LBG to change its decision as LBG has informed the FOS that it is purely a commercial decision. Oh well, was worth investigating I guess given the several hundred £ LBG agreed to pay me for various errors made regarding the DSARs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure