Invoicing an ebay seller for your time tracing parcel

I ordered an item from ebay that i needed urgently. It didnt arrive. The seller's communication was almost zero. He failed to reply to several follow up emails for delivery info that i could follow up with. As i was desperate for this order and as i had not had a reply from the seller, i ordered from another source and put a claim in through ebay for a refund. As soon as i made a claim for a refund, the seller responded with the tracking number that i requested in the very first email to him. Having that info, i checked my CCTV where the driver did not come to my house but went to another house.

I had already received my replacement order so i had no requirement to have two of the same item. It was between the seller and parcelforce to arrange collection from the other property. His response was that it was going to be collected by parcel force and then i would get a refund. I even offered the seller a copy of the CCTV to assist him in making a claim against parcel force.

Three weeks later, i have had my claim from ebay refused as the seller has claimed that i had the item delivered and signed for at the wrong address. I followed up with ebay which was a task in itself as they were not listening to what i was saying and the whole story. The seller had not attempted to get parcelforce to collect and basically just ignored the whole situation. He had my money.
I have had to spend a couple of days knocking the door of my neighbour to get an answer, as like me, they work shifts and long hours.

The address label had the wrong house number on it. The house it was labelled for has been empty for about three years. The driver, delivered it to the house next door to that one. The address label is now the fault of the seller and not parcel force.

As this issue has taken up to around two hours of my time which is scarce anyway, i would like to invoice the seller for my time in dealing with his ignorance. I would like to invoice him for say one hour at £30 an hour. The cost of the items bought were £110 in total. Two mile journey to my post office, queuing for 15 minutes, it all mounts up. I think £30 for my time is a fair rate and if he does not pay the invoice, then i would issue to the claims court.
I have all the ebay messages and all the emails to prove his ignorance and failure to act on his contract to me. I have a LTD company for which the items were purchased for so the claim would be through my LTD company and would form a legal invoice.
Can i issue an invoice for my time as it was for him, not agreed with him but doing his job for him.?

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I think you really need to be grateful you got your item. Leave negative feedback for the seller if it makes you feel better and then just get on with your life.
  • Who do you think you are? Never heard anything so daft.
    You need to accept this is how it goes these days, this sort of thing is a regular occurrence.
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    By the way what is the point in issuing the invoice? It won't be paid, its not worth legal action to get it paid and the seller is just going to remember the slightly strange buyer who opened the case. If you used the same tone to the seller then I can well imagine why they wouldn't help you
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Can anyone help me invoice a user of MSE for time spent reading a thread please.
  • Can i issue an invoice for my time
    Yes, of course you can. Anybody can issue an invoice for anything.

Whether it will get paid, or would be legally enforceable is an entirely different question.
    Philip
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,172 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, of course you can. Anybody can issue an invoice for anything.

Whether it will get paid, or would be legally enforceable is an entirely different question.

Especially as this appears to be a B2B transaction and therefore might require some contractual obligation for fees stated clearly beforehand in case of issues.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • You should definitely take him to court. Let us know how you get on.
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Don't forget wear and tear on your shoe leather!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure