Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• bobstheboy
    bobstheboy Posts: 631 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    andrewmp wrote: »
    Got £1

0 fibre, £7 line rental. That was without even cancelling.

Was that recently ?

Phoned yesterday and that offer was the best I could get. Said I would think about and that I may go elsewhere, didn't make any difference.
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sky Complete Bundle offer was £30 for 12 months (it increased from £24 to £30). Offer has now expired and increased to £80. We attempted to negotiate, however £52 odd was offered for it.

We dont see this as value for money, therefore we have cancelled. Now we wait..

50% off is within "My Sky" under "Manage my Packages", this reduces the "Complete Bundle" to £37 per month, with £6 for HD.

There is still some travel in this donkey..
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I got a shock the other week. SKY sent me a letter saying that I could keep all my existing package (already heavily reduced) for another 12 months at the SAME PRICE !!

Nearly fell over ! :money::T
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bobstheboy wrote: »
    Was that recently ?

Phoned yesterday and that offer was the best I could get. Said I would think about and that I may go elsewhere, didn't make any difference.

That was about 10 months ago I think.
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    I got a shock the other week. SKY sent me a letter saying that I could keep all my existing package (already heavily reduced) for another 12 months at the SAME PRICE !!

They've done that quite often recently, saves them doing the back/forth and also stops people negotiating account credits etc.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    DonnySaver wrote: »

I don't suppose it was a 75% off offer ?
  • melly_g
    melly_g Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning I have just noticed that my sky tv is about to go up to £80 a month which it was it was going to be before I cancelled last year and then cancelled and they reduced price. Just wanted advice please as my BT is also up for renewal for calls and broadband. Shall I move everything over to sky and hope for a good deal or negotiate better prices with both companies? Also is sky Q worth having and do I have to pay the £199 install fee or do they sometimes knock this off?
    Many thanks in advance for any advice
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I don't suppose it was a 75% off offer ?

No, I'm currently on a 50% off everything deal. Got it by cancelling my contract last year :D
  • codo
    codo Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2017 at 4:36PM
    melly_g wrote: »
    Good morning I have just noticed that my sky tv is about to go up to £80 a month which it was it was going to be before I cancelled last year and then cancelled and they reduced price. Just wanted advice please as my BT is also up for renewal for calls and broadband. Shall I move everything over to sky and hope for a good deal or negotiate better prices with both companies? Also is sky Q worth having and do I have to pay the £199 install fee or do they sometimes knock this off?
    Many thanks in advance for any advice

Im in the same position. Rang BT was told by operative that he had used all his offers for the week (offered £49 for line rental free weekend calls and infinity 1 unlimited plus BT sports) told me if he put me through to retention dept I might get the same for £39. When put through got obnoxious girl who told me the best offer she could give me was £54 and that her colleague was wrong.

Rang Sky and they are offering original bundle plus sports, unlimited fibre, line rental anytime calls for £68. I am very tempted as I at the moment I am paying £64 for variety bundle plus sports. Only downside is 18 month contract. Seems like a good deal don't know whether it's their best offer.
  • My sky is due to be turned off today, so far have only been offered 50% off which means I will pay £48.75 a month...
    I have Variety with Sports for £29.75 instead of £59.50
    Sky Multiscreen £12.00
    MUTV £7.00

I have no movies, box sets, hd channels, phone or broadband with them..

Since I gave my 31 day cancellation notice, have only had the 50% off any sky tv bundle. So will let them turn me off, then see what happens..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback