Problems with Admiral insurance claim

Hi,

Can anyone help me out.
17/03/19 I had a car accident. My car was written off by a car leaving a junction, I was on the main road. Both the junction and the main road I was travelling on, was traffic light controlled. The driver and I both said the other person had run a red light and without independent witnesses it was my word against his.

Admiral came to me with an offer to settle 50/50 on 2/10/19 and on the advice of my solicitors I accepted not only because of that advice but because my insurance is due to renew on 5/01/20, I am also trying to claim damages back including £450 excess although I accept I will only get half back now. It is now 8 weeks later and I haven’t heard anything from Admiral and they haven’t responded to my solicitor. They are basically making my life a misery because it’s all worry about i am on a tight budget and with the claim not settled my insurance will go up by £600.
Admiral are being most unhelpful. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Your insurance will go up regardless of being settled as you are (partially) at "fault". Your percentage of the fault makes very little difference to how much the insurance may change. Stop fretting about it - simply declare the incident when you're searching for insurance at/prior to renewal time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure