Amazon warranty BEWARE.

Options
124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    So I ask again how do we know which Amazon we are buying from when we buy from a third party?
    Understand that you are purchasing from a third party, Amazon (in whatever country) are only the online portal.

The information you keep asking for is contained in your Amazon account. I suggest you look there.

Haven't I said all this several times already?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But the item was 5 months old when it went wrong and the 3rd party I bought it from said I had to take it up with Amazon.
    Amazon .co.uk and .com agreed this was correct and Amazon.com said that under their terms I was entitled to a replacement but they could not post to the UK.
    So I ask again how do we know which Amazon we are buying from when we buy from a third party?
    This is the most important part of this thread and I am trying to warn others who may be caught in the same circumstances.

So you pretty much answer your own post. If you want Amazon UK support then buy directly from them.
    now given Amazon UK offer support when buying form a third party seller on the UK site,what did they say when you contacted them about the issue? NB not for them to replace.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can indeed do this. It's called "Amazon Global Store"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=10859429031

The OP also won't have been charged in US Dollars.

No, you won't be sold stuff by Amazon US if you got to the UK site and vice versa. That's not the same as saying you can't buy from Amazon US if you're in the UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    No, you won't be sold stuff by Amazon US if you got to the UK site and vice versa. That's not the same as saying you can't buy from Amazon US if you're in the UK.
    I clearly posted a link (and quote from Amazon!) which shows that you can indeed be sold stuff by Amazon US via Amazon.co.uk. How can you contradict Amazon's own site???:eek:

Here's a link to an actual product being sold by Amazon US from the UK site;
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Westcott-8-Inch-L-Square-Metric-L-808/dp/B0027AGE06/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2O4WBFTQCAYCU&keywords=global+store&qid=1575027462&sprefix=global+store%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-1

"Dispatched from and sold by Amazon US. Purchase is subject to separate terms and conditions.|"

Not charged for in US dollars either.

Convinced now?:T
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ^^Thank you. that is what I have been saying.
    Double standards, but at least if you buy through Amazon.co.uk you are warned about the different terms and conditions, I was not.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Double standards, but at least if you buy through Amazon.co.uk you are warned about the different terms and conditions, I was not.

how could you be 'warned' about buying from Amazon.com when you didnt? :money:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was not responding to you, I'm afraid. ;)

Your confusion will continue until you check your own Amazon account.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I may have missed it but I cannot see any confirmation that the actual purchase was made through Amazon in any way and not simply direct from this unknown seller via their own website.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    I may have missed it but I cannot see any confirmation that the actual purchase was made through Amazon in any way and not simply direct from this unknown seller via their own website.
    This is certainly a possibility which may have been overlooked in the earlier responses, but can the OP really believe Amazon is liable in such circumstance? The OP should not have been fobbed off by the seller.

Regardless, Amazon have made a goodwill gesture and refunded the OP which is (as I've said all along) customer service which goes above and beyond.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure