Sygma Bank Credit Cards

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    mnomis wrote: »
    Sure that when I last applied and was turned down, they told me I could re-apply in 3 months. :(

Instant decline if you apply before 6mth - as you're not an existing customer (existing customers can reapply after 3 months) :cool:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • mnomis
    mnomis Posts: 82 Forumite
    Instant decline if you apply before 6mth - as you're not an existing customer (existing customers can reapply after 3 months) :cool:

Thanks NID.

By then I'll have no searches in 6 months as that's the most recent.

Have just cleared the catalogue accounts opened by the wife (appearing on my file) circa £2500, so now just need to try and get Shop direct to remove the late payment markers I PM'd you about.
    I've done my bit (clearing the accounts) but not even had a reply from them. :mad:
    Capital one £200 - bal nil. Aqua £350 - bal nil
    Vanquis limit [STRIKE]£250[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£750[/STRIKE] £1250 - bal £450. Nat West overdraft limit - £300, unused. JD Willaims limit [STRIKE]£400 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE] £600 [/STRIKE] £900 - bal £90.
    Very limit £400 - balance £329 (buy now pay 2011!)
  • never-in-doubt
    mnomis wrote: »
    Thanks NID.

By then I'll have no searches in 6 months as that's the most recent.

Have just cleared the catalogue accounts opened by the wife (appearing on my file) circa £2500, so now just need to try and get Shop direct to remove the late payment markers I PM'd you about.
    I've done my bit (clearing the accounts) but not even had a reply from them. :mad:

See how you get on, late payment markers are a killer but can be easily wiped given the right circumstances and the right CSO that looks at your complaint - if you get no joy with them let me know and i'll try help you out... :D

• izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

My Silver card was approved ~ two months after being declined for it in January. My MyWorld card was approved two months after I was given the Silver card, and a limit uplift on my Silver card approved one month after I took out the My World card.

They must love me :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • never-in-doubt
    edited 28 June 2010 at 3:42PM
    izools wrote: »
    My Silver card was approved ~ two months after being declined for it in January. My MyWorld card was approved two months after I was given the Silver card, and a limit uplift on my Silver card approved one month after I took out the My World card.

They must love me :o

If you never had an account with them originally then they wouldn't approve an account after 2 months since last decline matey - we have had this chat several times before IIR?

It cannot happen, the system will throw an auto decline as failed to meet criteria - that is before the actual credit score took place!

Maybe just maybe you applied, got declined then reapplied within the 6 month period to get auto decline then reapplied again and were accepted, this would mean that the incorrect middle application (the auto decline one) would not count as a new application so the 6 months would be from first to third applications.

If you're on about after being an existing customer, then you can reapply for them every month actually can't you? I'm sure people here have applied and had accounts opened in jan / Feb & March! lol - maybe i'm confusing things eh? I'm speaking about having one account with them, applying then getting declined - you'd then have to wait 3 months.

Or does it make sense? :D

• kilasuit
    kilasuit Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Re limit increases

Just been told its 4 months for initial increase and then every 3 months after that.

But that was by a bog standard advisor.
  • rickee48
    rickee48 Posts: 57 Forumite
    I did a posting about applying for the Accessory card last week, I applied online but got we'll let you know response. Today got a letter off them asking me to sign the agreement and get it sent back. It also says I've got 3 months interest free, 20% off an order with JD Williams. When I get the card I can ring this number with my name,address and they'll send me £15 of M&S vouchers. Does the accessory card offer a lesser credit limit, is it scored the same as the silver/flybe?
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kilasuit wrote: »
    Re limit increases

Just been told its 4 months for initial increase and then every 3 months after that.

But that was by a bog standard advisor.

That's what I was told by the first advisor I spoke to last week but the second confirmed it's the other way around - three months for first - four for subsequent increases.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 June 2010 at 7:17PM
    If you never had an account with them originally then they wouldn't approve an account after 2 months since last decline matey - we have had this chat several times before IIR?

It cannot happen, the system will throw an auto decline as failed to meet criteria - that is before the actual credit score took place!

Maybe just maybe you applied, got declined then reapplied within the 6 month period to get auto decline then reapplied again and were accepted, this would mean that the incorrect middle application (the auto decline one) would not count as a new application so the 6 months would be from first to third applications.

If you're on about after being an existing customer, then you can reapply for them every month actually can't you? I'm sure people here have applied and had accounts opened in jan / Feb & March! lol - maybe i'm confusing things eh? I'm speaking about having one account with them, applying then getting declined - you'd then have to wait 3 months.

Or does it make sense? :D

PM me your email addy and I'll fire over my EQ report so you can see for yourself.

EDIT: Subsequent applications within six months of being declined, as a new customer, flag up as a "Duplicate".

This can be overridden by the applications team with the consent of a Team Manager.

The day I was approved for my first Sygma card, I was given the 7-10 days for a response online, so I called, the lady said "Have you applied recentlt", I advised "Yes, but I've fixed some errors on my credit file"... She say "Oh it's flagged up as a duplicate, hold on while I speak to my manager"... "Well sir I'm pleased to say"... etc
  • sscott5581
    sscott5581 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I applied for the creation card and received the standard 7 - 10 days response. Heres hoping
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure