How do you rate your energy provider’s recent service?

Poll started 20 November 2018
Winter's nearly here, the heating's on and while we're all about slashing energy bills (do a five-min comparison to see if you can save), we know service counts too. So twice a year we test recent customer service.

Please rate your current supplier's SERVICE (not price) IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS (try to forget issues from before). If you've gas & electricity with different firms, rate both.
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• At the time of writing some of the major providers have fewer than 20 votes (British Gas has 14, for instance).

Some of the newer energy providers seem to have a disproportionate number of votes.

Avro 32 votes
    Bulb 39 votes
    Octopus 18 votes
    Tonik 16 votes

I can't be the only person to think that at least some of these votes might be from people who have a vested interest in rigging the result?
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Naomi wrote: »
    ... we know service counts too. So twice a year we test recent customer service.

Please rate your current supplier's SERVICE (not price) IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS (try to forget issues from before).

Why? You don't want us to vote for not having needed to talk to them, so only a a few minutes of brief chats or only one problem in 15 years never gets into your results, which omission is another sort of distortion besides what the previous post above suggests.
  • I signed up with Ovo like thousands of others with MSE Switch and great if they get it right but a nightmare when they don't! It's so obvious they overstretched their systems and support and are now going to penalise customers if they have a problem! Did others spot that?
    Ovo maybe cheap but certainly not cheerful when they make a basic mistake which takes months to put right.:cry:
    Still I got £50 compensation, which even that was messed up, so my favourite charity won even if I struggled to get heard for 8 months.:)
  • n15h
    n15h Posts: 204
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 21 November 2018 at 10:05AM
    Switched to Octopus in autumn after Bulb were to raise their prices. A few days after my switch completed, Octopus informed they were to raise their prices.

They offered an alternative tariff, but for some reason Octopus found it difficult to give me an accurate quote i.e. I told them my annual gas usage is 9500kwh yet they repeatedly sent a quote for 11400kwh. I sent them tweets, emails and even had a phone call with their team yet they still sent the wrong quote over and over again. In the end I worked it out myself and found it was beneficial to stay on with Octopus on the new tariff.

So for now, I am rating them 'OK' and giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared - Buddha
  • n15h
    n15h Posts: 204
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    DComedian wrote: »
    At the time of writing some of the major providers have fewer than 20 votes (British Gas has 14, for instance).

Some of the newer energy providers seem to have a disproportionate number of votes.

Avro 32 votes
    Bulb 39 votes
    Octopus 18 votes
    Tonik 16 votes

I can't be the only person to think that at least some of these votes might be from people who have a vested interest in rigging the result?

Or it could be that the major providers have lost large numbers of customers to the newer energy providers as they found cheaper deals thanks to MSE Energy Club
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared - Buddha
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,683
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 November 2018 at 1:47PM
    504 error when trying to access the vote page

edit : Now pointing to MSE front page.

edit: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/vote/20-11-2018/how-do-you-rate-your-energy-providers-recent-service
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,251
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    DComedian wrote: »

I agree.

I just looked at the results and whilst SSE had 51 votes, Zog Energy (who?) had 23 votes - all voting "Great".

I wonder how many votes they will pick up when the staff have all gone home?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,683
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 22 November 2018 at 12:08PM
    Zog energy are a very popular small energy supplier, just look at the genuine comments in the energy forum from trusted posters, with quite a reasonable customer base on here. The reason they get great is simply because they are, they did have a bad day once and took about 4 hours to respond to an e-mail but I forgave them ! https://www.zogenergy.com/our-complaints-performance
    compared to
    https://www.britishgas.co.uk/complaints/performance.html
  • I was with Extra Energy a couple of years ago, they were a nightmare, and noticed that they have now folded. I'm only surprised it wasn't sooner.

I'm with SO energy now, they are really great. I have a monthly statement without fail, customer service is great. They are not the cheapest but I'd rather have confidence in a good company, especially after my previous experience.
    Holding back the years...
  • People who switch will use the small suppliers, use this site and therefore vote. Big question we should be asking is why in earth so many people stay with their big name suppliers when they aren’t happy with the service.

Moan but stay, the only reason can be they don’t have the luxury to move because of, they don’t trust small suppliers, have Warm Home or they don’t have access to the tinternet but that’s unlikely as they voted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure