Vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Comments

• riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I have a Henry Hoover and love it. Fab suction, bags store loads and not a bad price at all. I!!!8217;ve heard they last forever too but I!!!8217;ve only had mine a year so far.
    (Plus I figure if they!!!8217;re tough enough to deal with all the rubbish you get in primary schools, they!!!8217;re more than enough match for my flat!)
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Moneycat wrote: »
    Looks as though our old Miele Cats & Dogs vacuum cleaner has had it.
    What is wrong with it? It may be repairable: https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/maintenance-and-service-480.htm

We have one and it's great. Bought a job lot of extra heads (parquet floor head and small turbo brush, plus crevice nozzles etc.,. off eBay to supplement the large turbo brush.

Moved to a house recently (from bungalow) and got a second Miele base unit that takes same filters and bags, to save dragging up and down the stairs. Uses less power but actually seems to suck better! :eek:

Also uses all the tools. :j
  • chou-chou
    chou-chou Posts: 135 Forumite
    What puts me off is I am used to an upright with a rotating brush, does the brush rotate on cylinder vacuums? (I am under the impression it doesn't) Also how long on average does the bag last, I have always had bagless before.

I think the difference is that in an upright the rotating brush is driven by the motor but in a cylinder it's driven by the suction travelling down the head/hose. This means you get a stronger 'rotate' on an upright especially if the suction is in the cylinder model is reduced for any reason (blockage, etc.).

We've had both and I definitely prefer an upright even though they tend to be a bit heavier.
  • LoubyLoo
    LoubyLoo Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    so glad to see this thread as have been wanting recommendations myself. My Dyson DC01 is coming near to needing replacing. However, I also have an Dyson DC55 ball and absolutely hate the ball technology. It might be so called better for your back but after hoovering upstairs of a 4 bed house my wrist is absolutely killing me. Spoken to others who say the same about the ball. I have loved my original DC01 and wish all new Dysons weren't the ball technology. I have been looking at the make VAX particularly the Air. Has anyone used Vax uprights and can comment on their reliability as they are considerably cheaper than the Dyson.

Thanks.
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We have a Henry hoover and it's fab! Forget over-priced contraptions. Henry's are about £100, good on everything and last forever. Why do you think so many professional cleaners use them? :D
  • I also have Henry (very expensive but above expectations). Highly recommend.
  • We bought the Miele C3 Cat and Dog from Amazon a few months ago, best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned.
  • i had also experience of seeking the answer of the same question.
    I would like to share my research with you I think the Electolux pure i9 Is the better Option.
    Some one may disagree with me but it's my personal recommendation.
    I am suggesting just because i had experience with that
  • This is honestly the best vacum cleaner I've ever had. http:// aussiedailies. com/best-vacuum- cleaner-australia-sells-suck -dirt-pet- hair-debris/
  • I've just got the Dyson V10 and it's much easier than using the animal upright and picks up more than the V6. Able to clean a 4 bed (carpet and hard floor) house in one charge :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback