CCA request

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Could I just write a list of all my creditors, give to the post office staff and say I want a £1 postal order for each???

Do you recommend sending recorded, signed for etc??? Thanks as always:)

Yes do that, these companies have mail delivered in bulk, but sending recorded is always recommended.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Leanneglos1
    Leanneglos1 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Perfect thank you and if the debt still with the creditor to the creditor and if sold to a DCA I assume you send to the DCA but does the postal order then need to be made payable to DCA or creditor, I think the latter but want to double check:)
  • Hi all, quick question, when sending CCA requests and obtaining a postal order from the post office, do you need to tell the oat office the amount and company name, is it simply made payable to HSBC, Quickquid etc etc, im going to crack on and do these this week but I get anxiety over looking stupid and know I'll be in the post office with a big queue behind me looking dumb�� Could I just write a list of all my creditirs, give to the post office staff and say I want a £1 postal order for each??? Do you recommend sending recorded, signed for etc??? Thanks as always:)

When you buy a Postal Order from the Post Office, you simply ask for a £1 PO (or whatever value you want). You fill in the payee after purchase. You also need to cross the PO with & CO or A/C Payee between two lines across the centre of the order. This means it can only be paid in through a bank account, and not cashed. Look at a cheque if you are unsure what I mean. You can, however, cash it yourself if you still have the counterfoil if for some reason they send it back to you, as they did with me and others on here.

You should always send a CCA letter by recorded delivery.

Good luck.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Neocon
    Neocon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Yesterday I received two letters from wescot on behalf of NatWest acknowledging my request and saying they were investigating and would get back to me. They say they will put the account on hold and not chase me while they look into it. This was in respect of two NatWest credit cards I took out in around 2009/10.
  • Hi Everyone,
    I have sent out CCA requests, however Tesco (credit card debt) have replied stating that "as I havent provided a signature as authrity to allow us to continue with your request, please return acopy of this letter with signature".

Can anyone offer any advice as how to proceed

Thanks in advance
  • sourcrates
    mrsjamo wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I have sent out CCA requests, however Tesco (credit card debt) have replied stating that "as I havent provided a signature as authrity to allow us to continue with your request, please return acopy of this letter with signature".

Can anyone offer any advice as how to proceed

Thanks in advance

There is no requirement under the consumer credit act, for a CCA request to be signed, however to save time, just sign it.

The copy credit agreement you are asking for does not have to be signed either, so it's a non issue really.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Hi all, found this forum and thread through google searching CCA's as I was looking into my DMP.
    Im new to all of this despite being in a DMP for about 7 years. Im currently using Stepchange. Do you know if I can request CCA's whilst still paying through Stepchange?
    Im keen to keep paying so I can avoid the admin of doing these things myself, but interested to see if some of my debts are unenforceable - looks like they have all been sold off to PRA, Westcot, or IDEM and all date pre 2007 so im guessing there might be a chance!
    Nothing ventured nothing gained.:T
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Yes, you can.
  • Thanks zx81. I will read up a bit more to makes sure I understand the process, but as far as I can tell its print off the letter people have linked to here in the past, get a PO for £1, send to the people showing up on my current DMP statement with my name and account number, and wait for responses?

Does anyone know or had any fallout where debts are still enforceable and you are in a DMP? The last thing I want is for them to suddenly call them in or get difficult instead of just accepting the current arrangements with SC.

Thanks again
  • sourcrates
    edited 19 February 2018 at 11:43AM
    notenough wrote: »
    Thanks zx81. I will read up a bit more to makes sure I understand the process, but as far as I can tell its print off the letter people have linked to here in the past, get a PO for £1, send to the people showing up on my current DMP statement with my name and account number, and wait for responses?

Does anyone know or had any fallout where debts are still enforceable and you are in a DMP? The last thing I want is for them to suddenly call them in or get difficult instead of just accepting the current arrangements with SC.

Thanks again

Its your right under the consumer credit act, to ask for information about your credit agreement.

A creditor must respond to your request, there is no down side, they cannot refuse or treat you differently in any way.

A creditor is bound by the terms of the CCA, they cannot pick and choose with sections to adhere to or not,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure