Royal Mail Fee to Pay Card Query

lauraval
lauraval Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 8 May 2018 at 10:19AM in England
Hi, sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum, wasn't sure which one was best suited!

Please could someone shed light on a quick query? I ordered something from the US last week. I paid $40 (including $11.64 postage) in total, with the understanding that I might also have to pay import VAT/customs charges, as well as the Royal Mail £8 handling fee when it arrives. The retailer sent it via the USPS first class international service.

However, I got a tracking update this morning, saying "ON DELIVERY". My question is: Given that update, would I have received a Fee to Pay card before now? I'm just wondering if this means I'll receive my package today with no fees, or if they're going to issue a card first. I'm hoping the former, as I'm really eager to receive this package today, and being 33w pregnant and disabled isn't making leaving the house unaccompanied too easy at the moment!

Thanks for any help, and hopefully this isn't a daft question! You can probably tell I rarely order from abroad. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure