PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    First spend of the month £41.73 quite a lot of which was on fruit, apples, nectarines, grapes, satsumas, blueberries, bananas, melon, then went into the veg plot and picked a load of raspberries and apricots - you may have gathered that we like fruit and it's always a large part of our lunch. I'm off in a few moments to pick blackberries as we have a serious amount of brambles here on the fences - I aim to make jelly tonight.

I think I'll be OK until the weekend but I'll try to stretch the timing of my next shop until next week
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    Another £38 gone, on the L!dls run and some S/O coffee for OH this morning. And I'm beginning to plan for this weekend; I'll be out for blackberries tomorrow afternoon, and will hopefully get enough for both ice-cream and crumble on Sunday. I must also deal with some plums and apples from the garden...
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Little spend yesterday for me in Aldi, some cereal, tea and a birthday card for DH, total spend £4.98 leaving £92.88/£150.00 for the rest of the month.
    Great idea trimming a little bit off each steak, almost a free meal.
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Hello all. :hello: it’s been a while since I joined in. Traveling really got the better of me. I’d like to partake in September please. £170 & $150. I return to the US mid-month and will be there likely until the end of December.

So far I’ve spent £43.75/£170 and had 1 NSD. I think tomorrow may be another NSD but we’ll see. I want to get some berries as I didn’t realize how low we were otherwise. I also need to get bags to package up the recycling. If anything I'll try to keep it to £6 total tomorrow.

TOTALS SO FAR:
    £43.75/£170
    1 / 10 NSD

I’m still catching up on the August thread. :)
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 September 2019 at 1:28AM
    Options
    Ooooooohhhh,can I join in?I haven't been on MSE for a long time (nearly 12 months :eek:),and it is even longer since I have joined in this challenge.
    Our finances aren't out of control,but I know I do need to see exactly where our money is going,as well as do a few things to save money (change utilities suppliers,etc).Mine is a family of 6,and I know there are a few ways I can cut down what I spend on groceries.
    I am aiming to spend no more than £250 this month for the grocery challenge.:)

Today was my first grocery spend for the month (with school going back this week,it wasn't my only spend!).In Boots,spent £7.50.

£7.50/250
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £20.91 today in Aldi for dogs chicken, picked up a few other things to save going back for some days, weeks hopefully, need tonic water and coffee which I will get Friday that should be enough to last some time.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,560 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Budgets updated (and amended!) to here
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • bettertogether
    Options
    Is it too late to join in?

I have a budget of £300 this month - although I really want to cut down on this.

That's for two adults, two children and a cat plus packed lunches.
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    I've decided to join the slimming world thread so had an unexpected spend today which I hadn't budgeted for, total in Aldi of £21.83, leaving me £71.05 for the month. It may still be doable as we are away for 8 days shortly, fingers crossed :)
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    DIMW - That's a lot to spend in Aldi, LOL! Did it include wine? How do you manage to monthly shop? I struggle to do a weekly shop without forgetting something, even though I menu plan! I invariably remember once I get home from shopping that I need something before my next shop is due! I do my main shop Tuesday and top on Thursday now. Used to be the other way round.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport