Crafty Bargain of the Day!

Comments

• UPDATE on the Mirror Board:
    The one hundred sheets of Mirror Board arrived really quickly (came on Friday last week) but I didn't get chance to test it out until yesterday and I can report that it's brilliant! The card goes through the die cutting machine easily - and both die cutting and embossing the card gives excellent results. (I have a Big Shot machine).

I'm so impressed with this card that I'll definitely be buying it again. Recommended!
    (Scroll up to see original post giving details of where I got the mirror board from)
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • Here I am again with another crafty bargain (or two)...

I'm not a regular ASDA shopper. I only go every so often to stock up on their own brand loo rolls (pack of 24, of soft, strong and long - but without the label and price: £8.00 for 24. Not bad eh?) But I digress: I went and while there had a wander around. I came across the children's crafting stuffs and my eyes rested on the 'special offer' label (naturally) which said that I could buy items at 99p each, or a combination of certain items at 2 for £1.50. Was there something there for me? I gazed ... Ohhhhh yes!

I found a big pack of different sizes of 'Googly' eyes - which thrilled me to bits because Halloween is on it's way, and cards wrapped in torn tissue paper, with the addition of a pair of these googly eyes would go down a treat with some of the littler members of my family, so I grabbed a bag of those. Another look turned up some fabulous gems. Different sizes, shapes and colours. Flowers, single gems, and in purples, pinks, greens.

Naturally I got the two (eyes and gems) for £1.50.

They also had a pack of sticky back round, faceted gems, in different colours of pinks, or a pack of dark purple, light purple and fabulous teal. Each colour is in four different sizes and you get a total of 110 in a pack. All for £1.

*Googly eyes - don't you think that EVERYTHING gets funnier with the addition of googly eyes? (Our letter box looks so 'likeable' now. lol)
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • Hi everone
    I’ve had two bargain in the last week or so, one from a 40% off code on the codes board (page 5 or so a couple of days ago), that I saw whilst looking for something else. I got a bunch of stuff, and p&p is £4, and also was surprised to find some freebie papers in witht the order. shop was bebebubu.co.uk. Although I’ve just realised that the most expensive item I ordered wasn’t in the parcel - perhaps not the best start!!

The second bargain was a pair of very blingy earrings from Primarni, £2 a pair. The plan is to snap the posts off and use them as brooch centres. I really struggle finding gems etc large enough, even in real craft shops, so I’m delighted with these.

I’ve just emailed bebebubu about the missing item, so will let you know the outcome!
    :j
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My local TK Maxx has gone craft crazy in the last couple of weeks and I have picked up some great bargains. They've had lots of docrafts, American Crafts, scrapbooking pads and lots of lots of American brands that are usually difficult to get over here.
  • pateroo
    pateroo Posts: 252 Forumite
    Hermia wrote: »
    My local TK Maxx has gone craft crazy in the last couple of weeks and I have picked up some great bargains. They've had lots of docrafts, American Crafts, scrapbooking pads and lots of lots of American brands that are usually difficult to get over here.

Ooo never thought to look in tkmaxx. Which "section" did you find it in?
  • Missing bit from Bebebubu arrived today, so think it was a genuine mistake :)
    :j
  • if you live near hartlepool there is a poundshop on the marina there they have loads of foreverfriends stuff. like cards decoupage stuff and loads of embellishments. it is the black and gold range. i think it is because they are changing ranges.
  • pateroo wrote: »
    In my local TK Maxx they have arts and crafty stuff usually near the books/gift bags/notebooks. I got a lovely pack of American Crafts ribbon and 3 packs of mixed buttons earlier in the week. The ribbon pack was 9.99 (lots of different colours with small polka dots) but looked on amazon and eBay and similar packs going for £16 and upwards.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    pateroo wrote: »

They keep moving it in my store. It was with the home stuff, then with the books and now it's with the stationery. I have noticed that the discounted red stickered craft stuff can be anywhere in the store! Last week I got a huge bag of stuff from the Portabello Road range. I think it cost £10 or £15 and I know how much those items go for individually and I saved a lot of money (I'd been wanting them for ages). A few months back they had approximately 40 American Crafts scrapbooking albums in stock and huge pads of scrapbooking papers too.
  • Couldn't believe my luck - looking foe some wool - Abakhan have sale on all weekend ! New so can't post link,
    Enjoy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport