Cheapest connectable LED lights?

Hi all

Can anyone help please?

I'm looking for some outdoor connectable LED lights and the the only ones I've been able to find on-line are £34.00 a set from:

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/outdoor/christmas-lights/connectable-led/string-lights/18szz234p.asp

Do any of you know where I may be able to buy these cheaper please? They must be connectable though.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ebay had a number of these (a simple search brought them up), selling for less than the 34 quid... failing that i thought of buying normal ones and replacing the bulbs with the blue LED ones, if you can find them. i don't know if that would work. They seem to be the "in" thing this christmas.. i remember wilkinsons had some too, just done a search and yup, they have them: here (£20 for 120 lights, indoor/outdoor) or here (for a selection)

HTH

keth
    xx
  • Thanks Keth

Unfortunately they don't appear to be connectable. Meaning each set can't be connected to each other without the need for separate plugs/sockets.

We're hoping to do something different with our outdoor lights this year and that means changing nine sets of lights. It's a pain every year trying to organise all of the various cables from the lights and we usually end with extension leads everywhere. This is why I'm keen on the LED lights and they also use a lot less power making them considerably cheaper to run. LED's also last a lot longer than conventional bulbs.

And no I don't believe you can use LED bulbs as replacements in conventional sets.

Thank you very much for your help.
  • kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mantastic wrote:
    Thanks Keth

Unfortunately they don't appear to be connectable. Meaning each set can't be connected to each other without the need for separate plugs/sockets.

We're hoping to do something different with our outdoor lights this year and that means changing nine sets of lights. It's a pain every year trying to organise all of the various cables from the lights and we usually end with extension leads everywhere. This is why I'm keen on the LED lights and they also use a lot less power making them considerably cheaper to run. LED's also last a lot longer than conventional bulbs.

And no I don't believe you can use LED bulbs as replacements in conventional sets.

Thank you very much for your help.

well, you know, that shows how much i know about LED lights (i.e. not a lot :D ).. LOL. all i can say is to keep trying.. have you tried ebay?

good luck with it (and whatever it is you're doing (which sound very mysterious).. stick a pic up when you're done for the rest of us to ooh and ahhh over?)

keth
    xx
  • Thanks Keth

If I manage to get them I will ;)
  • cvray
    cvray Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks, it seems the outdoor LED lights is not available and returns 404 error.

I found similar outdoor fairy lights from google

koopower.co.uk/collections/battery-fairy-lights
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family