150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min £1 purchase req.)

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I agree, also don't see anything about number of items per transaction - so providing it's economic with cost of fuel to get there - a newspaper should suffice - weekend ones are usually at least a pound!

Haven't been they for several months - stopped sending me conditional spend vouchers!!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think the 133 items on the e-mail are examples of things you have at a birthday party, Plus it would make it very awkward and annoying for the checkout colleagues.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    dlusman wrote: »
    Dont agree - the T&Cs make NO reference to what products are included , Only what is excluded . Why would they have a list of exclusions if you could only have one of the 133 products ?

It has also been in just about every newspaper describing it as it is described on the MSE site.

If there was just the 133 items which you get the extra points, then it will list all of them including size in the T&Cs
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    It does list the 133 items that are only available in this offer; look at the bottom of the webpage.

Sainsburys have clearly made their offer designed to fool us - it is only for any items apart from the few in their T&C's, which is why this offer is misleading.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/new---trending/150th-birthday#langId=44&storeId=10151&catalogId=10123&categoryId=431859&parent_category_rn=355372&top_category=355372&pageSize=60&orderBy=FAVOURITES_ONLY%7CSEQUENCING%7CTOP_SELLERS&searchTerm=&beginIndex=0&hideFilters=true
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2019 at 11:05AM
    I can confirm that the 150 points is on any purchase over £1 (excluding the items they mention in the Ts and Cs obviously). Not just a selected few items as has been suggested on the thread.

I have been to Sains this morning and have done transactions and been given 150 bonus points so this is the definitive answer to the queries :-)
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes, you appear to be right, well done.

I bought a stack of wine on their 25% off offer and got the points and also did a shop instore and yes, got it then too on other items.

The issue is clearly whomever did this offer at Sainsburys didn't proof read it. The fact that people read their offer in a different way means it was ambiguous and it should not have been; the fault is not with the reader but with the composer.
  • snilloct1957
    snilloct1957 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2019 at 5:51PM
    maman wrote: »
    Not sure if we're on the same lines but one positive of Sainsbury's is that their money off vouchers include wine :Dwhereas Tesco's don't.:(

I plan to take advantage but it would be wasteful on my time and fuel to go back and forth. I plan to make one visit and pay three times (at different checkouts if necessary) IYSWIM. I'll try to do that each day if I can.

It works at the Sainsburys Local as well, so you don't need to go to the big supermarket. I've done this 3 x today and got the points.:j

NB Just received the email from Sain, detailing the offer, at 4.41pm today. Not really that helpful...
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you know if you have had the points allocated?:o

I can't believe they've got the 25% off wine and my favourite Sauvignon Blanc on offer and this deal all at the same time. Happy Birthday Sainsburys. :beer::D
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    maman wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you know if you have had the points allocated?:o

I can't believe they've got the 25% off wine and my favourite Sauvignon Blanc on offer and this deal all at the same time. Happy Birthday Sainsburys. :beer::D

The extra points have their own line on the Nectar statement on your till receipt.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The extra points have their own line on the Nectar statement on your till receipt.

So they do! Thanks. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport