Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Comments

• Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My quote for top shopper (equivalent to shop for powerpacks) was 395.01

Whereas last year the figure quoted was easily beatable by buying powerpacks I don't think it will be in 2018/19 due to the reduced discounts bring offered

I was quoted 411.20 last year and achieved 345.85 though my usage did reduce slightly from the original quote
    So my price appears to have gone up nearly £50

Outfox are quoting my best price on market as £370

I think I'll stick around for now
    I can leave at anytime and I may be able to achieve the £25.01 saving through buying powerpacks. Who knows. It's a gamble I'm willing to take

I haven't been notified of my new tariff yet by powershop. My next monthly cycle finishes on 13th (even though my 12 month date was the 6th)

I'm assuming I'll be on the top shopper rate quoted when I asked for a new quote.
  • OK, thanks!

I just calculated my cumulative kWh cost for the 8 months to date and it comes out at £0.0992.

I expect this to creep upwards as the discounts for the next 4 months to the end of September are under 15% for anything meaningful.
  • Tafrock
    9.92p per kWh. Another great rate. I'm keeping a very close eye on the electricity market at the moment as its quite competitive.

My gas is on a now unbeatable 24 month fixed rate with zog so can't see that being beaten unless prices slump.
  • I secured a great fixed gas deal with EDF.
    A 12 month contract at £0.02482p per kWh and a daily standing charge of £0.189p.
    I think it was only on offer for a couple of days!
  • Tafrock
    Mine is slightly dearer on kWh (2.9733p) but cheaper on standing charge (10.5p per day). And it's fixed for 2 years with no exit fee.

Both our deals are far better than you can buy today.
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 June 2018 at 2:31PM
    Update on my switch to Utility Point.

All has gone quite well. I put the switch application in on 9th April, changeover date was set as 1st May. I gave my final reading to both parties, and that was agreed within about 2 weeks. PS then calculated my refund (£220). I've just had to nudge them to actually repay this to me, it should arrive tomorrow.

Over the 6 months I was with PS my unit cost was 9.36p (or 10.35p including the standing charge). It was fairly obvious to me that the next 6 months were never going to repeat those savings, with the generally lower discounts on offer on smaller powerpacks. The UP 16 month fix I am on has a unit price of 11.21p (but a £20pa saving on the standing charge). By my reckoning I would have to maintain a 20% discount on the PS baseline cost to equal that. Add in the uncertainty as to where the PS costs would have gone when my first year was up and I think I have made the right decision.

Now are Natwest going to spot the refund and take back 2%.....
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    griffb wrote: »

Now are Natwest going to spot the refund and take back 2%.....

So, did they take back the 2%?
  • Tafrock
    I doubt very much they would.
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    fewkeste wrote: »
    So, did they take back the 2%?

No :j

Image already added
  • Tafrock
    We do need some packs with decent discounts however. They've been very mediocre recently
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback