Is it worth the hassle?

Comments

• Norscbu
    Norscbu Posts: 176 Forumite
    hugo15 wrote: »
    I've decided to take a punt and buy premium bonds with the money on the credit card. Will just cash them in when the card needs repaying. At worst I'll make nothing and I might win something.

Is this still possible? To directly buy premium bonds with a CC at the post office?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Norscbu wrote: »
    Is this still possible? To directly buy premium bonds with a CC at the post office?
    Was it ever? I don't think it was.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    hugo15 wrote: »
    I've decided to take a punt and buy premium bonds with the money on the credit card. Will just cash them in when the card needs repaying. At worst I'll make nothing and I might win something.
    Norscbu wrote: »

I would think it more likely that the cash which could have been used to repay the CC was instead used to buy Premium Bonds.
  • Norscbu
    Norscbu Posts: 176 Forumite
    TheShape wrote: »
    I would think it more likely that the cash which could have been used to repay the CC was instead used to buy Premium Bonds.

That's not how I read it, also there is a couple of threads from several years back where people bought premium bonds on CC at the post office.
  • I don`t think it`s possible
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Even with the reduced interest rates as a couple we are making just over £2k a year from £66k in various current and savings accounts. £52k of that is stoozed on Credit cards. Thats an average of 3.16%. So for me definitely worth it, will pay for our holidays each year :)
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Something similar here. Mortgage is down to under £20k, have £35k so far in 5% or 6% accounts and £51k on 0% cards. In the next few months we will have cleared the mortgage and be looking at where else to earn interest.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Just got another £9k from lloyds fee free for 2years. No problems finding a home for it ��
  • caveman38
    caveman38 Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I am still curious as to what card you guys are using as your "Mule" card - if you would like to share info. Cheers.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    caveman38 wrote: »
    I am still curious as to what card you guys are using as your "Mule" card - if you would like to share info. Cheers.
    The answer is absolutely any MBNA card. The +ve balance refund possibility is not dependent on a particular card...based on the numerous MBNA cards mentioned in all the threads you've asked this question on.

One poster (again on a thread you've asked this question on) has said Barclaycard and Halifax also do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure