iSoftStone

Comments

• diddly_squat
    diddly_squat Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 24 June 2015 at 7:02PM
    It actually became less stressful after the renewals last year where they got rid of the audit metrics, though it meant you only needed 2 red for SLR. Recently they upped the RPH by 10%, making it an even more unimaginable grind.. who wants near 500 holes per day?!

I'm not optimistic about the future of the WSE role at all.
    271906 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that diddly_squat.

Have they mentioned any new projects which you can apply for?

Just the usual crowdsourcing stuff.
  • I wonder if Appen is hiring raters who have previously worked for ISS?
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    It's all quite demoralising. It does sound at least that Appen got better, but don't think they could get much worse! I actually didn't mind iSS. They just left you to get on with it. I fear that'll change with this new pay structure especially. It's a shame all of this work is outsourced... I'm sure the hardly unknown client could manage it and it'd probably be better all round. I too am not confident about the future of this work, despite becoming far too reliant on it.
  • Are you guys all in the UK or US markets? I have yet to hear anything...
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Yeah I'm UK
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    Seems Appen have lost some of their contracts - got the 'market downsize' notice ;)
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    OK, looks like we know now where the W5 contract went. TBH the prospect of taking this on again doesn't fill me with great optimism, but hopefully iSS will handle the project better than ABH...
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    extraJam wrote: »
    OK, looks like we know now where the W5 contract went. TBH the prospect of taking this on again doesn't fill me with great optimism, but hopefully iSS will handle the project better than ABH...

Is everyone else doing the one with the training video and 56 page guidelines? If so, it seems to be the same thing I tested for with LB around May last year under the name Ads Assessor. Guidelines are just slightly shorter due to updates/revisions etc. I do know I managed to fail either the training set or exam on 4 categories, although I also know exactly which ones as I still have the result email they sent me!

Am therefore assuming the second of the 2 projects must be the Tennis one I got put forward for immediately after that, but didn't even bother attempting because it looked literally impossible. :angry:
  • I started the training and then decided to just say I didn't want the position. I can not deal with doing that project again. The stress of it almost broke me when I did it for ABH. I'd rather be poor than go through the metric and RTA hell again.
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    MallRat wrote: »
    Is everyone else doing the one with the training video and 56 page guidelines? If so, it seems to be the same thing I tested for with LB around May last year under the name Ads Assessor. Guidelines are just slightly shorter due to updates/revisions etc.

Yes. That's the same project I was on at ABH (think the rest of you guys were on the one to do with 'freshness'?).

I started the training and then decided to just say I didn't want the position. I can not deal with doing that project again. The stress of it almost broke me when I did it for ABH. I'd rather be poor than go through the metric and RTA hell again.

Hope you can find some more good work soon. Let us know if ISS offer you anything different?

I think I'll try to qualify for this but wish it was any other project at all, doing it with ABH was miserable and looking at that toolbar gives me bad memories.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback