Santander 0% BT no fee

Comments

• CLONNEN
    CLONNEN Posts: 109 Forumite
    Just received conditional acceptance paperwork to sign (I applied on 20th Jan) but the direct debit form is asking for the Credit Card Number. Would I be correct in thinking that the long number starting with 1577 at the top of the credit card agreement is the correct number?
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CLONNEN wrote: »
    Just received conditional acceptance paperwork to sign (I applied on 20th Jan) but the direct debit form is asking for the Credit Card Number. Would I be correct in thinking that the long number starting with 1577 at the top of the credit card agreement is the correct number?
    The credit card number will be 5286 **** **** ****.

I applied in branch and my card took 7 days to arrive (in before the rush I think). If you apply in branch you get to find out your credit limit on the spot. I also had my card number at the end but you can't do a BT until you have the actual card.
  • gingababe
    gingababe Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know this is probably a dippy question! Is it for the zero card for the 0% BT & 0% for Fee. I have a mortgage with the A&L Does that qualify me?
    Thanks

Ginga
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    gingababe wrote: »
    I know this is probably a dippy question! Is it for the zero card for the 0% BT & 0% for Fee. I have a mortgage with the A&L Does that qualify me?
    Thanks

Ginga

Yes - as detailed on their website lower down the page under "existing customers" http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?canal=CABBEYCOM&cid=1210607177336&cidAgrup=845616358929450&empr=Abbeycom&leng=en_GB&pagename=Abbeycom%2FPage%2FWC_ACOM_TemplateW2&posSel=1
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • CLONNEN
    CLONNEN Posts: 109 Forumite
    There isn't any number starting with 5286 anywhere on the paperwork so I guess I'll put the 1577 number in as the credit card number on the direct debit from and hope they will change it at their end if it is wrong.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 February 2010 at 7:37PM
    5286 is the first 4 digits on the santander credit card eg 5286 xxxx xxxx xxxx. I believe the 5 means master card and the rest (286) the provider of the card and other info. visa cards start with 4.
  • it is available to existing mortgage or banking customers who have a santander credit card providing its not the ZERO credit card that they already hold. HTH

I have a Zero card and I was offered the same deal with my existing card.
    Save Money, Make Money, Retire Early!
    astore.amazon.co.uk/money-making_money-saving-21
  • Are Santander generous with their credit limits?

I usually get around £5000 from other lenders (Tesco, Halifax, MBNA) - should I expect that amount from Santander?
  • sneaky
    sneaky Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    zebedy wrote: »
    thanks for the replies but actually after phoning Santander it does work.

So, my situation is that I have an Abbey mortgage and an A&L current account so fulfill the requirements for being an existing customer.
    I do already have the Santander Zero credit card (which I recently got for using abroad). I have now successfully managed to BT onto the existing Zero card and they have assured me it's o% interest and NO FEE although it's only for 12 months from the original date I got the card (which was about Nov). So I won't get a whole year's worth.

I've done the BT from my Egg money mule and will transfer that +ve bal to a high interest savings acount for the remaining 12 months - thanks Santander - should net me about £250 in interest

I am in the same position did you ring the normal credit card number? Did you have to haggle or was it straight forward? Thanks
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    andyf1873 wrote: »
    Are Santander generous with their credit limits?

I usually get around £5000 from other lenders (Tesco, Halifax, MBNA) - should I expect that amount from Santander?

Very mixed reports. From those who've applied and been successful, should be between £2,000 and £12,000 :) Obviously your personal circumstances will dictate what you actually get.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure