Thread closed?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6010808

I can't for the life of me see why the above was closed, with barely 7 post, and nothing said that as far as I could see that broke any rules.

I'll get back to talking about fluffy kittens always the best way to avoid the wrath of MSE .
Meanwhile I will report the thread to MSE and ask them to review its closure !!!!

Comments

• 1974Marie
    1974Marie Posts: 57 Forumite
    I would have closed that because the last post has turned it on its head saying people can abuse Christians but other minority groups get protected.

What they are really saying is I am a christian and I don't like gays.

Yes closing it was correct.
  • miriamac
    miriamac Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Maybe it was because the thread quickly went down the following road:

"why don't the police describe the attackers? We all know what that means, don't we?! :whistle::whistle::whistle:"

I think it means the police don't need to issue a detailed description of suspects they have already found and arrested.
    What would Buzz do?

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted.
  • Seems they hadn't though as another arrested this evening ???
  • miriamac
    miriamac Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Five arrests in such a short space of time :T

It's as if they already knew who they were looking for :think:

They might even be out there rounding up some others that they already know, and are looking for.
    What would Buzz do?

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted.
  • Please see the post by Martin when we originally opened the MSE Discussion Time.

Where a Non-Moneysaving thread is taking up too much of my teams time they will remove it or occasionally lock it if they feel I should make the call.

The core purpose of this Forum is to help people save money. Heated political, religious or other topics that have no money saving relevance can take up far too much of our limited admin resources if we are not careful so they are likely to be removed or closed to allow the team to focus on what we're here for.

:money:

MSE Tine

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
  • Perhaps then the time has come to close some of the "non money" forums on MSE?,
  • Its becoming laughable now a thread on DT has just lasted all of an hour and handful of post presumably because the last post used the technical terms for reproductive organs...if such terms upset the adults on DT they really should be signing upto knitting weekly, on a serious note why doesn't mse just remove the post that they decide to censor, surely a site that sold for £76 million has some technology left??
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    venison wrote: »
    Its becoming laughable now a thread on DT has just lasted all of an hour and handful of post presumably because the last post used the technical terms for reproductive organs...if such terms upset the adults on DT they really should be signing upto knitting weekly, on a serious note why doesn't mse just remove the post that they decide to censor, surely a site that sold for £76 million has some technology left??

It's what Board Guide's do...and refer it to the forum team for review. Surely you remember doing that?
  • see post #6 its not often BG's do much on DT and yes I remember but I always gave a reason and during my time as BG the whole forum was being bombarded with spam.
  • Game_Over
    Game_Over Posts: 119 Forumite
    venison wrote: »
    Perhaps then the time has come to close some of the "non money" forums on MSE?,

Why restrict it to the non-money boards?

I think I've suggested this before

shut-it-down-shut-it-all-down.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family