Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Subscribing here too - you've reminded me that I have a lace-pattern shawl to finish off....

Good luck with losing the lbs and the ££££s :)

How much more do you have to do on it? I have just cast on for a Cardigan - the first thing other than scarves/shawls I have done :eek:
    Katzen wrote: »
    Hi Knit Witch,
    I'm also on a yarn diet this year in an effort to pay for our house. I have cheated a little by getting Mum to buy me projects as my Christmas &Birthday gifts, but even without that I would have plenty to get along with! Love a bit of Ravelry for a free pattern too.
    I shall subscribe, hopefully we can be a bit of mutual support ;)

Ravelry is evil :D, the number of patterns I have gone "oooooh! WANT!" on there is scary :rotfl:

I think I may be getting yarn as gifts as well ;)
    Must use my stash up!
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    How much more do you have to do on it? I have just cast on for a Cardigan - the first thing other than scarves/shawls I have done :eek:

About half - it was supposed to be a Christmas present for my mother in law, but we got a new dog last November who was only 12 months old and very puppyish still and knitting wasn't the wisest thing to try and do! She's settled down a bit now :)

Good luck with the cardigan - I've not made one, but I've done a couple of cabled sweaters which were far less complicated than I thought they'd be.
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    About half - it was supposed to be a Christmas present for my mother in law, but we got a new dog last November who was only 12 months old and very puppyish still and knitting wasn't the wisest thing to try and do! She's settled down a bit now :)

Good luck with the cardigan - I've not made one, but I've done a couple of cabled sweaters which were far less complicated than I thought they'd be.

How about we challenge each other to have finished them by the end of July?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just about to start a shrug (once I've finished the hideous lace shawl I'm working on) and am also not allowed to buy any more yarn until I've used my stash.....love ravelry, but it's so tempting to buy the 'right' yarn for each pattern!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm just about to start a shrug (once I've finished the hideous lace shawl I'm working on) and am also not allowed to buy any more yarn until I've used my stash.....love ravelry, but it's so tempting to buy the 'right' yarn for each pattern!

Oh I know, I know! and Yarn of the Month clubs from hand dyers should be banned :p

I would love to make a shrug, but I need something long enough to cover my 'arris! :o
    Must use my stash up!
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    How about we challenge each other to have finished them by the end of July?

OK, you're on - but I've mis-represented myself, I've dug it out and it's a scarf, not a shawl, so a bit less to do!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK, you're on - but I've mis-represented myself, I've dug it out and it's a scarf, not a shawl, so a bit less to do!

Even better :D, at this rate then you will be finished in no time at all!
    Must use my stash up!
  • labtechlesley
    Options
    Hi Knit Witch, (love the name!) I'm also trying to shift weight using yarn. I thought that crocheting would stop me picking and so far, so good. I have made a blanket for dgd1 and am half way through one for dgd2 but have been side tracked into clearing out the garage by ds2. However, I think I have spent more on yarn than I would have on chocolate/sweeties etc - I'm a soft touch for yarn or fabric! But if you have already got loads of yarn you are on a winner - go you!!
    Sealed pot challenge member number 2001
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Knit Witch, (love the name!) I'm also trying to shift weight using yarn. I thought that crocheting would stop me picking and so far, so good. I have made a blanket for dgd1 and am half way through one for dgd2 but have been side tracked into clearing out the garage by ds2. However, I think I have spent more on yarn than I would have on chocolate/sweeties etc - I'm a soft touch for yarn or fabric! But if you have already got loads of yarn you are on a winner - go you!!

I think crafting IS a good way to avoid the munchies - but yes it can cause other money problems! :o, as you say if you have enough stash then you are well away!

Right off to eat lunch then to grab yarn and stick an audio book on! :D
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay had a quick check though my wardrobe and I seem to be fine for clothes (having just got some more supports for the "girls"!), even as I lose weight I should be fine for tops (undies will need replacing every so often mind you! and I might need some more trousers - but not for a while), so the money I would spend on those types of things can go towards extra payments for my CC and isme accounts (the latter might be the easiest to clear first, and then when I need replacements for stuff I can buy through them but pay straight away, keeping myself straight). Snowballing means clearing that one first then my CC, I tend to stress spend so keeping myself knitting should help with that as well :eek:

Speaking of the knitting, I am fairly sure I have enough yarn to keep me going for a while (oh and another tapestry - so both of those can help as well!), the knitting and tapestry work will also help with the diet - which seems to be going well, the official weigh in for that is a week today but I have lost 4 pounds already :j
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport