Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• HappyLassie13
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better today, make sure you take time to yourself to do something you want not just all the chores. I think you're far too hard on yourself ;)

I agree with this! Where is the praise for yourself for managing to take care of two littlies, on your own a lot of the time and they are obviously loved and adored. Sometimes, you do need to give yourself a little pat on the back and let yourself know, you are doing good! :)
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks hidden and happylassie, I bought coffee and found a gym!!!! Going to my first class tomorrow for a free trial! Seems amazing, everyone was so nice! I was chatting for an hour! So things are on the up! Bit nervous about tomorrow but it will be fine!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Missy
    Hope you enjoy the gym. I'd echo what the others say about the local library. It's a great place for finding out what's going on locally for both yourself and the wee ones.Also a walk in the local park will clear your head and lift your spirits and it's amazing how many people start to talk to you once they get used to seeing you there. My neighbour's OH works offshore and she really hates it when he has to go. Like yours he sometimes is called away at short notice. It must be very difficult.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2017 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Hi Missy (and a wave for Lauren as a fellow forces wife!)

Just to say I hope you enjoy the gym. You'll get some endorphins going as well as some company! I never see my team socially, but we spend 4-6 hours together a week, about 3 hours training and the rest of the time nattering. Sometimes I become disconcerted just how well they know me!

LB x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hi, well I went to the gym yesterday.... That was a bit of an eye opener. I thought I was strong and fit?! No way! Which has caused me to have a bit of a wobble to be honest..... I strive to be the best I can be, and I was the absolute worst there, which I found super frustrating, going to see if I can work through it. As I don't want to give up, I don't want to feel/look stupid either, so we'll see....

Not much else happening here, feeling a bit flat to be honest.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to anyone else. They may not all be as strong and fit as you think. Try going at a different time as the clientele may be very different.

But maybe it's not the right gym for you (I prefer the ones with real people in to the ones with people who probably just go to the gym and don't do anything else). You're supposed to be finding something you enjoy. So if you can't settle there, find another place that will give you a free trial and see whether it is better. Or look for classes in village halls/community centres.

When I joined my current Pilates classes just over 3 years ago, I was very definitely the worst there. Now I'm probably one of the most advanced - but not with everything as we all have our limitations. And that's because I do two (or sometimes, like this week, three) classes a week where most people just do one.

Remember, going to the gym isn't the same as being strong and fit in everyday life, so you're asking your body to do something different. It'll be tough to begin with, but at some point soon you'll start to feel the benefits both physically and mentally as all those endorphins kick in. And in the meantime, just try to treat it as a break from your daily routine. Try some classes, try the gym, see what makes you feel like you've done something and are pushing yourself. Remember, you need to compete against yourself, not others.

Hope that all makes sense... I'm working away at the moment and can't sleep (pity, because the hotel is fabulous) so am pretending to work...
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Bless thanks Greenbee, sorry you can't sleep either!
  • missymoo81
    edited 13 October 2017 at 2:13PM
    Options
    Arrrghhhh at the gym waiting on my own no one is talking to me. God this is painful, everyone is busy doing stuff so it's not like i can even jump in anyone's conversation, who knew making friends as an adult would be so difficult!!!!!!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It can be hard missy even as an adult. Stick with it because it's only your second visit. The more people see of you you the more friendly they will feel towards you :)

What type of people are they? Are they men, women, retired, your age? Have you actually joined now or still on a free trial?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Sounds like a good class to me if everyone is fitter and stronger for doing it! Remember we all have to start somewhere and all have different strengths.

I used to belong to a big commercial gym, it was a while before I got talking to some of the regulars, and I actually really enjoyed a small class (it was so small they kept threatening to cancel it, but the instructor enjoyed taking the small class so much he pretty much did it in his own time). I was 20 something at the time, and the other members were all friends (group of couples) in their 50s. I got on fantastically with all of them :) So it doesn't necessarily have to be a group of people just like you, maybe see if there are any smaller classes?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure