Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Well I have been blitzing all day! I started just after 9.30 and only just finished at 5.15. I stopped for lunch for 15 minutes and to walk to school to collect Dgd.
    But I didn't actually get around to the room I was planning to do, but my wardrobe is sorted, all the clean clothes are away. Bags and shoes culled. The black bin is full though and it was only emptied this morning!
    I have a sore throat and losing my voice.
    My back aches now so I will have a soak in the bath ASAP.
    Spaghetti Bolognese cooking for tea.
    I didn't use the car so still not filled up with Petrol and didn't do the food shopping. But I cannot do everything.
    I will just have to do a bit more tomorrow evening after work.
    Dgd even helped chuck out loads of broken toys and things she didn't want anymore which is a huge step as she usually does want to throw away anything.
    She definitely has too many clothes, just like me!
    I think we will have to try not to buy new clothes (charity shop finds including), unless she out grows everything. I have not an excuse either.
    I have thrown out scruffy shoes, so I may need a summer sandal but I will see how long this weather is going to last first.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Well done on the blitzing.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Bf came over last night. He is in a bad way with his back after picking up his granddaughter the other day. I think he cane to escape the changes suddenly happening in his house, as the daughters BF has moved in the house to help with the sudden arrival of the new baby. BF is still shell shocked as he didn't know that she was pregnant. Actually nobody did.
    At least I have a good excuse why I am not going to be able to go to his at the weekend and it gives me more time here at home to finish my blitzing!
    I still have a lot to clear. But Rome wasn't built in a day.
    I am still trying to decide where I go with the business for the next 17 months. I only appear to have made £994 profit last year? No wonder I am feeling the pinch and don't have any money.
    I am going to have to try to get a return on the stock much faster. So a concerted effort to picture the fabrics and get them on the Internet I suppose.
    The weather is due to be good today so I think I will put a rail outside with fabric pieces on.
    I also think I will have to do some promotions. I need to get my cash flow sorted out.
    Time to wake Dgd.
    I hope she slept better with her poorly ear than I did with my cough!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    Cash flow all the way.
    Get that rail out!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Savvy_sewing
    Well the rail went out but it has broken! Some how it ended up on the floor and cracked the joint. So I will have to take another look and see if I have another rail somewhere.
    Had a good day productively today. Curtains made, 6 pairs of trousers altered, two skirts let out. A blouse shortened, a dress shortened several fittings, including one this evening for a wedding dress.
    BF finished cutting my lawn while I was at work and collected Dgd for me.
    I banked two hundred pounds, so I could pay some bills.
    At least I don't have any big bills left now.
    It's bring in the cash as best as possible now.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Morning, too early! I don't know what time BF got up as I was still dozing, and I planned to nod back off again. But after a little while of dozing his iPad alarm went off (after I heard him drive off), and it was only 6.05am!
    I tried in vein to go back to sleep but I cannot and have fast forwarded my teasmade so I can have a cuppa now.
    BF has been warned that my friend and I will be taking the kids to the pub for tea tonight.
    So he can fend for himself. I think he is planning to go home and come back here later. Personally I would have just gone to the chippy for him but he said no.
    I have a nasty cough and my tummy muscles are starting to hurt. Dgd is still struggling with her ears.
    My Seamstress called yesterday asking if she could come in today as she has to go into hospital for an eye opening Sunday. So she will not be able to come to work on Monday.
    Biggest is going to come in on Monday now, but is only doing two days a week until the end of the term. If her back will let her. Her pelvis is already playing up, and I think she is going to be on crutches again very soon. It doesn't bode well. She said that she had DS and the boys over for dinner on Wednesday, and had to tell him to get his nose out of his gadgets and engage with the babies. She told him that the baby needs to be helped to start sitting up etc as he's getting a flat head from lying down all the time. Must admit that I had not noticed that.
    I walked too work etc yesterday but today is my day to give one of the Mums a lift, so I will have to get petrol on the way home as my fuel light is on.
    Looks like I will be able to have the roof down though even if it is only briefly.
    Wonder what else the days will bring.? A few paying collections will be good, and maybe a small windfall or minor miracle would help:)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Argh!
    I am having one of those mornings. Trying to put a zip in a jacket that is silky nylon and it keeps slipping! 3 times now I have put it in and had to take it out again. Must be tea and lunch time.
    Then perhaps I will get it done.
    The shop door is open and it is bringing people in so serving customers interruptions is not helping.
    I think I will go back to small jobs until closing time today and do the bigger jobs after time.
  • beanielou
    Hope that you got things done.

• Savvy_sewing
    The birds song woke me in the early hours of the morning today. I struggled to get back to sleep as my head was full of things to do.
    Dgd and I went to the local pub with my friend for tea, BF still came to my place, although he didn't eat the stir fry I left out for him. Not sure he ate anything.
    We watched another episode of Escape to the Chateau and had a early night, for a Friday.
    I have to take Dgd to Biggests before work so I need to get a wiggle on. There are a lot of jobs to do, not helping by people bringing in 8 items at once! A lot of overtime and evening ahead . If I don't start turning it round faster, and earning it I will end up chasing my tail all year.
  • Savvy_sewing
    So much work coming in. Must be good. All I need now is time to sew it all.
    But no more tonight.
    Wine and food.
    Tomorrow is another day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure