Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    zippydooda wrote: »
    so how long do we give the apg now tesco brand guarantee is finishing. i recon we'll be lucky to have a year

You could well be right - but is just possible that Asda may get some good publicity out of it by milking the idea that only Asda have the confidence to stick with their promise of being the cheapest. I hope so - the idea of having to pay full price for my shopping is a nightmare !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    curl_girl wrote: »
    I followed T delivery van today advertising the brand guarantee on the back.
    Wonder when they are going to resticker all their vans? :eek:

When does it finish?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    When does it finish?

Think it's Sunday.

Evening all and bubbs.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    Think it's Sunday.

Evening all and bubbs.

Sunday :eek::eek:
    Hello :wave:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Called in T today and was followed to my car by a homeless man, he startled me as he was directly behind and he asked me for money as I was loading my shopping! I apologized and offered him a twix instead, he took the chocolate and asked if I could spare a drink as well, eyeing up son's ciders, luckily I had a new bottle of water in my boot so gave him that.

I've never been followed like that before and I'm sure some people would feel very uncomfortable........
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tbw wrote: »
    You could well be right - but is just possible that Asda may get some good publicity out of it by milking the idea that only Asda have the confidence to stick with their promise of being the cheapest. I hope so - the idea of having to pay full price for my shopping is a nightmare !
    I would guess that sains will continue to try to be slightly upmarket whereas Asda will compete with aldi/lidl. However whether the marketeers will think apg fits with this or just an all out focus on low prices who knows - obviously we are in favour of apg and high prices :p
    I think....
  • bubbs
    Called in T today and was followed to my car by a homeless man, he startled me as he was directly behind and he asked me for money as I was loading my shopping! I apologized and offered him a twix instead, he took the chocolate and asked if I could spare a drink as well, eyeing up son's ciders, luckily I had a new bottle of water in my boot so gave him that.

I've never been followed like that before and I'm sure some people would feel very uncomfortable........

As i guess you were ?
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I would ring the store and ask to speak to a manager and just tell him what happened. It might be a one off or he might make a habit of following lone women if he can see alchol in the trolley - if so the trolley boys could keep a look out for him.
    Our Mr T has a carpark under the store so its always gloomey even in daytime, not the sort of place you would go to at night.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I was going to ask this, if the home encourages relatives to come in with their dogs?
    In the home where my Dad was they actively encouraged everyone to bring dogs in, all the faces lite up when dogs arrived ready to give everyone a love :)
    They also had a donkey visiting once, he did a walk around with his owner and got blank stares but on the 2nd walk around everyone was much jollier as they petted the donkey. I filmed it on my ipad, my Dad looking his old self :)
    tweets wrote: »
    Look who just been and spent 10 mins with her Nana after not seeing her for 3 months :j

20180713_182422.jpg
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Started chucking it down here :eek: the gardens need it though :cool:.

TvA filler Birds Eye waffles 10 pack £1.49 v £1 A, 50p GJ.

Only this weekend left for BM :(.

HTH

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills