School Uniform Monopoly/Cartels

Options
2»

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    pokaplaya wrote: »

Approximately 127 people either agreed or were neutral about the proposals. The remaining 127 parents opposed the changes. We have made the assumption that the remaining 75% of families who did not respond do not feel strongly enough about the proposals to voice an opinion either way.

Perhaps we should run the next general election on the same basis.

Polling results show Labour at 50%, with the Conservatives plus everybody else getting 50%. However 75% didn't vote, so obviously they are happy with the government.

Result; massive Conservative win.

Teachers eh? Just as well they stay in school and are kept out of the real world where they actually might do some serious damage.:)
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    This is common place across alot of schools now. Alot bring it in because parents/pupils/teachers are having to spend too long disputing what is and is not appropriate school wear. Sadly if previous students didn't try to bend rules as far as possible then it may not have been necessary.

I left school 16 years ago and we had to wear specific jumpers with the school name on, and the year after I left compulsory blazers were introduced.

The school sent a survey, it isn't their fault a vast majority didn't respond.

I suppose those that feel strongly enough about it can move their child to another school where general uniform is still allowed.
  • Sadly teachers are in the pockets of the uniform providers. At my place of work, we rely on a dress code. Simple. Plain shirts, t shirt. Plain trousers. Mon thruThu. Friday dress down plain t shirt without slogans, jeans clean not cut. Females the same except plain or lightly patterned blouse, plain kirt of appropriate length.

No problem.

Shame the educationalist cannot.
  • kev_min
    kev_min Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Is it not strange that, whenever this subject appears, the chosed uniform trousers or skirts never seem to be those sold (cheaply) by Mr T, Mr A or Mr S.

The cynic in me thinks there must be either a kickback to the schools or total ineptitude on behalf of the decision maqkers.
    At times any combination of my spelling, grammar or punctuation may be incorrect. Please do not pick me up for this as, after all, it is only an internet forum.
  • gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Although my grandchildren have now both left school I think the whole uniform thing is a total disgrace. The amount of kit the children need foe a couple of hours a week for 30 weeks is stupid and generally not unnecessary. The school blazer issue totally shocked me this week when my daughter gave me a couple of blazers no longer needed to sell at the car boot sale. The person I sold one of them told me that this years price is £45.00. The quality is awful, the fabric nasty and my granddaughter for one rarely wore it simply taking it to school. All I can say is parents of Britain rise up and refuse to comply with this expensive nonsense especially when you look at what some of the teachers wear. Education is more than an overpriced wardrobe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure