New Thrifty Gifty - Organised for Christmas and all ocassions 2010- Santas Challenges

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Palema wrote: »
    Hi all
    Today I went to M&S and found girly journals for 2 of the kids I babysit for and give to at Christmas they will be 6 next year down to £3 each from £5.

Got 2 tshirts in New Look for a friend for £6 a saving of £10 for the 2.

4 winnie the pooh character mugs (for snowman soup mugs) in Morrisons £6 for the 4, a saving of £2.

In Tesco 2 gorgeous girls sheepskin type coats for £7 each down from £18. 1 for my friends little girl and the other to keep - my brother and his wife are due their 1st baby in May and if its a girl it will be given to her, in 2011!!! :) If not it will go to my brother and sister in laws niece next Christmas!

In Tesco I also got a 105 piece Disney Princess's art set for £3.50 down from £14 and a mega blocks mini car set for £4.98 down from £9.99

All in all a very successful day. And apart from family presents I now have all bar 3 of my Christmas presents for 2010 bought and wrapped.

Definately the most organised I have ever been! A huge thank you to all on this thread for the motivation to start early for next year
    XX

Your organised, I've got to get to Tesco's ...... did Asda today, the jck I brought for dd b4 xmas, didn't fit, so we had to go through all different styles......its only a school coat.... Its a massive pain at our Asda as they don't have changing rooms, and she needed a couple of tops and skirts, were struggling trying them on in the aisle, the sizing was so over the place. One skirt 8/9, another 11/12, tops 9/10 and 11/12 there wasn't much in the kids sales.

Will say the jewellery / hair accessories were all half price, so that was another 10 thin Alice Bands...

Survived Argos, got me bargains and dd didn't even realise the big suitcase set was hers.... thou she spotted the I'm a Celeb game at 100 paces!! xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • I can't rememeber if i've posted yet or not! How do I see my posts? I'm very new to this site but have been a lurker since last summer! I definately must be more organised for 2010, I have some wrapping paper left over which i shall keep along with tags and I also brought some cards from WHSmiths today, £1 reduced from £3.99. Also I have a friends birthday in January, she's all sorted, 49p for a mini shower gel and body lotion set in Superdrug, and 250 Boots points spent on a little compact mirror reduced from £5, will also give her a box of Heroes, my mom got given about 10 boxes at work on Christmas day!
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    bonty44 wrote: »
    I went to the local retail park today and to be honest thought that everything in the 'sale' was naff, tacky or overpriced. The only things I did like were some lovely mugs in Next at £1 but they had massive chips out of them and were still on the shelves! I was quite shocked at the number of 'damaged goods' I saw still on sale today; TK Maxx was another culprit.
    In the nicest of ways, I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed, done more looking on line, my best mate she said Next wasn't as gd and a lot of the shops seemed to have summer stuff (guess dragged out of the store cupboards).

Yesterday, however, I bought a gorgeous velour loungesuit from Blooming Marvellous for £20 down from £55, which will be fab for my holiday in April, and I have gone back to them online today to buy some more comfy outfits, as bump is now getting in the way of my normal clothes!

Thats a brilliant saving, a friend of mine said Next did maternity range (2 yrs ago), but she they were good value, and lasted.
    Bought some lovely foot spa sets from Boots yesterday but that was all; will try to find Christmas cards tomorrow. Happy shopping everyone!

If you get the cards, you could always write them ready!! xx
  • hi would also like to join this thread normally a little organised but this year just flew by didnt know what hit me
    sealed pot # 842
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    I'd like to join too please.... what do we do? Just follow the threads here? I will save all my 1p and 2p coins, that sounds like a good idea.

Hi.
    Welcome to the thread, basically, the 1st of the month mini challenge - be something daft and money related.

The 24th is Santas Challenge, which could be anything from check the school uniform list and put name tags in (if you have children!), or clean the freezers, batch bake some items, the idea being a little something towards getting organised throughout the yr.

Drop in and post any time, anything and everything goes, chat away, crafts, xmas, bargains, moan about families etc.

Grab a coffee, put ur feet up and have fun, and hopefully come the week before xmas when everyone is running around like headless chics, we're be sat with a glass of wine and our feet up, xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    LouiseJ wrote: »
    I hope you realise that you have now forced me to have a trip to Tesco tomorrow:rotfl::rotfl:
    Me too.........xx;)
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Spendless wrote: »
    I hit the sales today.
    Got a radley handbag for £32.50 for me (spending xmas money)
    a sequinned flowery jewellery case for one nan £22.50
    both Debenhams
    russian doll purse £3 for DD
    russian doll lavender bag £3 MIL
    moonsoon accessorize
    russian doll money box £5 MIL
    next
    baileys ice cream maker £12.50 DH
    Boots

Not sure if Baileys has a date on it:cool: will have to look, but is only a miniture that can be replaced

All these were 50% off.

Also got
    a gift set in Home Bargains that has shower gel, binoculers and torch. Was £3.99 not reduced but I struggle with these sort of bits for DS who will be almost 11 next Christmas so handy to get in now.

Also in HB little notebooks with fish on the outside, 10p each, bought 10 as they will do as party bag items for the kids birthdays.
    In superdrug I got a key-ring with a football on 10p and a lipgloss with a crown on it also 10p- these will be stocking fillers for kids next year.

I can see a trip to Superdrug and Home Bargains...

I love Radley bags, thats a bargain price, I have to confess I got 2, the 1st - very weird, signed up to the emails and last Oct we were going on hol to Tavistock, just before this sale email - handbag on offer called Tavistock, hunter style bag, reduced £150 to £100..... long story got it eventually.

Then did a table top at dds xmas fayre, made £65, but after paying dd her stuff sold, and being generous and giving dad 10quid for carrying the boxes, and he got collared to run the hula store!! I had £45 left, and got a small black clutch bag £45. Used it last Monday on the Orient Express, felt so posh.

Do have a massive I want list...... but aim to be debt free before treats like that or plan b ask for money for my 40th.!!
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Spendless wrote: »
    I hit the sales today.
    Got a radley handbag for £32.50 for me (spending xmas money)
    a sequinned flowery jewellery case for one nan £22.50
    both Debenhams
    russian doll purse £3 for DD
    russian doll lavender bag £3 MIL
    moonsoon accessorize
    russian doll money box £5 MIL
    next
    baileys ice cream maker £12.50 DH
    Boots

Not sure if Baileys has a date on it:cool: will have to look, but is only a miniture that can be replaced

All these were 50% off.

Also got
    a gift set in Home Bargains that has shower gel, binoculers and torch. Was £3.99 not reduced but I struggle with these sort of bits for DS who will be almost 11 next Christmas so handy to get in now.

Also in HB little notebooks with fish on the outside, 10p each, bought 10 as they will do as party bag items for the kids birthdays.
    In superdrug I got a key-ring with a football on 10p and a lipgloss with a crown on it also 10p- these will be stocking fillers for kids next year.

Gutted I didn't know this earlier....DD's party on Sat, and bought little (asda price check) notebooks and packs of colouring pencils today 18/19p each....stil a bargain but may pop to HB tomorrow and see what they have for next year.

I am loving this thread....normally when shopping, I am thinking what I need now, so when I see cheap little notebooks etc, I think ....DD has enough things like that......... I never think of stocking up for other things.....Thank You All xx
  • elsie52
    elsie52 Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I went shopping after I finished work yesterday and got a few great bargains.

Absolutely beautiful Photo album from M & S, reduced to £12.50 instead of £25.
    A matching Keepsake Box for £5 instead of £9.50.
    Not sure which future daughter-in-law these are going to yet, but would make lovely wedding/baby photo albums.
    Tool bag with a few tools and tape measure in for one of the boys. £9 instead of £18. from BHS and a fab page a day diary for myself for £2.
    2 boxed sets of socks (like cup cakes) from DP, £4 instead of £8.
    Also got all my family xmas cards and another box set of cards half price.
    So all in all I am well impressed with my bargains.
    I am waiting for Boots to see if and when they do their 75% reductions, Not shopping today, so won't be spotting any bargains.

If I get chance I will write on my cards before putting them away.

June 2010 - 11/56 lbs Weight to lose before May 2011.

• LouiseJ wrote: »
    I hope you realise that you have now forced me to have a trip to Tesco tomorrow:rotfl::rotfl:

My local sainsbury's had some in too, one set was £3 and the tin shaped like a glass was £2.50
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure